27th Shot: Fun with Kingcraft

I'm back!! And this possibly the longest chapter I've written for this fic, around 9K-ish. An achievement if I must say, hahaha! In just a week, Christmas will be here, I'm so excited! I'll probably posted a special holiday chapter for it. 

And below is the revised MC's appearance overall from left to right; the original outfit, the winter outfit, and the last is the dress Yuzuriha made during the fashion show!

Anyway, thank you for waiting for this chapter to be out! See you on the next one!

***

Ukyo has a pride in holding his composure–even in the worst situation, he practiced to ground himself because having a little sense or reality could help you think more rationally. Working both physically and psychologically under immense pressure is, after all, one of the unspoken requirements in his line of work. He maybe not the prowess in terms of power, but there's enough confidence he could guarantee in keeping his head straight.

He still panicked, that's humane, however he refused to let himself haywire and drowning in negativity. Being used to it has its perks–his vision remained clear, his mind grasped on clarity well, he's able twist his brain for certain alternatives.

The moment [First Name] spiraled, his heart dropped into the bottomless pit of his stomach. She always stood straight with subtle confidence and putting up a brave front to look up, witnessing her crumbling from fright sent cracks lining his heart. Sometimes he forgot–[First Name] had faced war boldly, accepting stitches without anesthetic, exploring the wilderness by her own, it slipped his mind that she's not completely immune to fear.

Ukyo did his best in trying to ground her.

He held her close. The vice grip of her hand around his was accompanied with trembles, and he never let go. Whispering calming and firm words to guide her through the haze residing in her mind, his attempt was rewarded by her managed to be pulled back to reality. If Ukyo's a few seconds too late she would've passed out from lack of air, her extremely pale face made his chest tightened. This would be the first time he's seen her trapped in dread, and never wanted to experience the same thing again.

He would do everything in his might to prevent it.

After the unwanted incident, he knew he had to stay close. It's certain that worry gnawed viciously on his chest, although he decided to not brought anything up–the rest also understood how dire it is and proceeded to continue as if nothing happened. The ride back was as silence as it could get.

Upsetting [First Name] was the last thing all of them wished to do. Upset was probably not even close describing her turmoil of emotions. From the start, it's apparent that [First Name] is a people pleaser–meaning she tried to be as capable and helpful as she could.

Disappointment, shame, and embarrassed were probably the best words portraying her feelings.

She even apologized for something she didn't do–something that's supposed to be out of her control.