01. Deal?

I sighed, grabbing my bag from my locker. I was exhausted from taking tests all day. I just wanted to grab all my things and leave school already. I grabbed my books and stuffed them into my black bag that was decorated with random designs. I heard someone clear their throat, causing me to hurry as I grabbed my things. I slammed my locker shut to see the one and only, Xavier Hale.

Xavier Hale was considered the school's rich, bad boy. He had brown hair that was somewhat curly, stunning green eyes, and a light tan. Xavier had a reputation for being a dick and extremely cocky, yet he had almost every girl drooling over him - maybe it was the British accent or that he was stupid attractive.

Xavier smirked, leaning against the navy blue lockers. "I need you to be my girlfriend."

I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "Um, what?" Why would I ever want to be his girlfriend?

Xavier smiled, shaking his head. "Let my clarify," he began. He cleared his throat again and then smirked. "I need you to be my pretend girlfriend."

"Just because you rephrased your sentence doesn't make me any less confused," I said, raising an eyebrow.

Xavier groaned, rolling his eyes. He stood up straight, making me notice how he towered over me. "My dad says he won't give me our family's private island after I get out of high school unless I straighten my life out."

I shook my head, "You're still not being very specific."

Xavier sighed, crossing his arms. "He'll think I'll have my life straighten out if I have a good girlfriend...and that's where you come in."

I shook my head, "You honestly think getting a girlfriend is going to help you?"

Xavier muttered something incoherent under his breath. "No," he sighed. "I'm actually going to start doing my work and all that crap."

"Have fun with that." I started to walk away, but was suddenly stopped by a firm grip on my arm. I mentally groaned and turned around. "What?"

Xavier had an unreadable expression. "Will you or will you not be my pretend girlfriend, Ryan?"

I scoffed. "No," I placed my hands on my hips. "Why don't you just ask some other girl that actually likes you and drools over you?"

Xavier smirked, amused. "I need it to be you. You're perfect for it."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "How so?"

"Ryan Gonzalez. Good girl, straight A student, wins all these awards, does all this community service, and charity stuff." Xavier crossed his arms again. "You're honestly the perfect girl for this, plus you're attractive."

I fought back the blush, and shrugged. "Well, I guess you're going to have to find someone else to help you out." I began to walk away again, but I was stopped yet again by Xavier.

"I'll pay you," that was the first time I heard him sound so desperate, and have no trace of confidence in his voice. "You could use the money for college...I know a good girl like yourself is trying to go to college."

I smirked, amused. "I don't need your money," Xavier cocked his eyebrows, confusion was written all over his face. "I already have a full scholarship for my dream school."

Xavier looked surprised, and with that I smirked one last time before walking away. I walked through the school doors with a huge grin, it was Friday so I was beyond happy.

I started walking towards the parking lot waving to some friends here and there. I finally made it to my car - a crappy, blue 1995 Honda Accord - at least she worked.