04. Takeout

I opened the door and leaned against the door frame. I looked at my small wrist watch; it was 7:03am. I sighed, closing the door. A car pulled up in my driveway, that's Xavier.

He rolled down the window and smirked. "Get in."

I mentally groaned and got in his car. Today is going to be something.

Xavier and I walked through the school doors together. He had an arm around my shoulder and intertwined our hands together. People looked at us shocked, confusion starting to take over. Xavier and I walked to my locker and he took his arm off of me.

I opened my locker, sighing. "Is it just me or does it feel like today is going to be a long day?"

"Oh, come on now, darling," Xavier said, leaning against the lockers. "It's not going to be that bad."

I shrugged, shoving my books in my locker then slamming it shut. Xavier saw two of his friends - I think their names were Henry and Felix - and cleared his throat.

"Alright," Xavier said, standing up straight. "I'm going to go hang out with my friends now."

"Have fun." I said, leaning against the lockers.

"Don't I get a kiss before I go?" Xavier asked, smiling cheekily.

I glared at Xavier, crossing my arms. "I hate you sometimes."

Xavier laughed. "Love you too, love," Xavier said, smirking. He then kissed my cheek and smiled at me. "I'm going to hang out with Henry and Felix now, love. I'll see you at lunch."

Xavier ran off to his friends and I stood there slightly confused. I turned around and noticed there was a girl standing right there. I awkwardly smiled at her and then walked away. Oh, Xavier is good.

~

The bell rang signaling fifth period was now over and it was the start of something beautiful. Lunch.

I walked out of my AP calculus class, clutching onto my bag. I walked through the halls, avoiding the sea of people. Eventually, I managed to get to the cafeteria and get some food - a hamburger with fries.

I spotted Destiny sitting down at our table along with a few of our other friends. I walked over to them, grinning.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Ryan." Destiny said, teasingly.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I would have came sooner if it weren't for the massive sea of people in the halls and the long lines."

"You should have tried leaving class a bit earlier," Belle said, shrugging. "You could have gotten here earlier."

"I couldn't do that," I said, shaking my head. "I wouldn't want to miss a second of that class."

"Fair point." Belle said, slightly laughing.

"Is it true you and Xavier Hale are dating?"

I looked up at my friend Emma. She had blonde hair, pale skin, and crystal blue eyes. Her and Belle could have practically been twins if it weren't for the fact that Belle was a brunette; but other than that, Belle and Emma had some very similar features even though they weren't related.

"Yes," I said, slowly nodding my head. "It's true we are going out."

"Since when?" Destiny asked, surprised. "And why are we barely hearing about it now?"

"Since Fr-since August." I almost gave it away.

"August?!" Belle shouted. The cafeteria slightly went silent and people were staring at us.