02. Meeting The Parents

Ryan's Pov

I woke up in bed, stretching my arms and legs out. I yawned, dramatically and then sat up. I grabbed my phone to check the time; it was 11:03am.

I stood up, groaning and walked to the restroom. I brushed my teeth and combed out my hair. I sighed as I walked back into my room. I thought about that stupid deal I made with Xavier last night, that blackmailing asshole.

I heard my phone ringing and quickly grabbed it. I checked the number and I didn't recognize it. I answered, holding the phone close to my ear, "Hello?"

"It's 11:11, make a wish." I heard that familiar British accent. I made a quick wish and then sat there in a silence with Xavier over the phone.

"Did you make a wish?" He asked, breaking the silence.

I sighed, nodding my head. I then realized he couldn't see me and quickly spoke, "Yeah."

It was silent again, and this time I decided to break it. "Did you just call me to make a wish at 11:11?"

Xavier chuckled, "Get used to it, darling."

I mentally groaned, throwing my head back. "Well, I'm hanging up now."

"Wait," Xavier practically shouted in my ear. "I also need to tell you that pretending to be my girlfriend starts today."

"Okay?" I replied, confused.

Xavier sighed, "I'm picking you up at two sharp, so be ready by then."

This time I groaned out loud, "Alright."

"Bye, love," and by Xavier's tone of voice, I knew he was smirking. I hung up the phone and threw it on my bed.

"Might as well go eat some breakfast." I stood up and slipped on my slippers. I ran downstairs and heard voices as I walked in the hallway.

"Me tengo que ir en media hora." That was mom.

"¿Cuando vas a llegar?" That's dad. "Porque quiero ver si me puede quedar overtime hoy."

I walked into the kitchen to see both my parents dressed for work. My mom saw me first and smiled. My mom had green eyes, light brown hair, and tan skin. My dad then saw me, and kissed the top of my head. My dad had brown eyes, brown hair, and dark skin.

"Morning," I said. "¿Por que quieres quedar overtime, pa?"

"The bills, mija," my dad said with a small smile. "They just seem to be getting higher and higher."

"But that's why I started working," I said, serving myself a cup of water, "to help out."

"Your main focus debe ser la escuela," my mom said, shoving some tissue into her purse.

My dad nodded his head in agreement. "You shouldn't have to worry about that stuff, mija."

"I don't mind," I smiled. "You guys have always been there for me; working and helping with the bills is the least I can do."

My parents smiled at me. "Bueno," my mom said. "I guess it's settled."

"Okay, me tengo que ir," my dad said, standing up. "I love you both."

"Love you, too!" My mom and I shouted in sync as he left to work.

"It's surprising you and dad didn't leave before six," I said.

My mom nodded her head, "I know." She walked to the fridge, "¿Quieres huevos con weenies?"

I nodded my head, "I'll cut the weenies."