33. Letter

Xavier's Pov

I furrowed my eyebrows as I listened to Ryan's voicemail. She'll miss me? What in the bloody hell does that mean? I'll go see what's wrong with her and see if she's okay.

I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs. As I headed for the door I heard my dad clear his throat. I sighed, turning around.

"Yes?" I said, cocking an eyebrow.

"Where are you going at seven in the afternoon?" My dad asked, looking at his watch.

"To see Ryan," I replied bluntly. "She's been acting different."

My dad nodded his head. "Very well," he sighed. "Be back before midnight."

I nodded my head. "Got it."

My dad walked off to go talk to my mom. I opened the door and walked out. The drive to Ryan's house felt like an eternity because of traffic. I parked my car across the street and ran to her house.

I decided to go through her window. I was about to tap on the window, but I noticed it was open. I shrugged and climbed in. I didn't see Ryan in there so I checked the restroom, but she wasn't there either.

"Ryan?!" I called for her, walking down then hallway. "Are you home?"

I walked back to her room and noticed there was something on her bed. I walked closer and noticed it was an envelope with my name on it and the necklace I got Ryan for her birthday was next to it.

I furrowed my eyebrows, grabbing the envelope. I opened it and grabbed the letter inside.

"Xavier, this is really hard for me to do and I am so sorry; God, I'm so sorry," I began to read. "I'm leaving, Xavier. I don't want to leave you or anyone else, but I have to and I'm so sorry. I'm going to miss you like crazy. I wish we could just go back to that night where we were lying together in your special place; I wish I could stay like that with you forever, but we all know wishes don't come true. I love you, Xavier; I love you so much more than words can describe and I know this may be hard to believe, but I do. We've had great memories together and I so badly want to make more with you, but I can't. Things will be better if you just forget about me. Just forget about me, okay? And even when you forget about me, I'll remember you. I'll remember everything about you; how you made me feel, how my heart would always skip a beat when I was with you, how you were the only person who made me happy when I was upset, everything. I love Xavier Robert Hale; I'll always love you. Goodbye, Xavier. - Ryan."

She left me. I felt sadness hit me like a tidal wave. I didn't even realize I was crying until I let out a small weeping noise. I closed my eyes, throwing my head back. Why did she leave?

I wiped my tears and shoved the letter in my pocket. I grabbed her necklace and walked out her room. As I left Ryan's house, I started to get more and more angry.

Ryan left. She didn't even say goodbye in person. She didn't even explain why she left. How could she just do that? She can't just walk into my life - well, I technically walked into hers - make me fall in love with her, and just leave me like if everything we've been through never meant anything to her.

I gripped the steering wheel as I drove home. I felt tears roll down my cheek as I cried and I wiped them, feeling empty.

If I knew today was my last day with Ryan, I would of hugged her a little tighter, kissed her a little longer, made her smile more, and just try to make everything last forever.

That's why she was acting weird. She knew that she was leaving; she knew she was leaving me.

When I got home, I stepped out my car and slammed the door shut. I walked inside, sniffling a bit, but my eyes were finally dry. I yelled in frustration and socked the door.