03. Pretend Date

I lied down in bed, looking at my phone. It was around 11pm at night. After Xavier dropped me off - which was at 5:30pm - I worked for about four hours then came home. I sat up and turned on the tv.

"There's nothing to watch," I mumbled, flipping through the channels. "This was pointless."

I groaned, turning the tv off. I looked up at the ceiling and my mind started to wonder off to Xavier. He was something else. My phone suddenly started ringing.

I grabbed my phone looking at the number. "Well, speak of the devil."

I answered the phone, holding it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, love," Xavier said. "Are you wondering why I'm calling you?"

"I am quite curious as to why," I said, smiling. "I bet you missed me terribly."

Xavier chuckled. "Darling, don't get your hopes up." He was silent over the phone and all I could hear was his breathing.

"Xavier?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. "You didn't exactly say why you called me."

"Right," Xavier said. "My apologies." He paused again, then spoke up, "It's 11:11, love; make a wish."

I sighed, closing my eyes. I made a quick wish and then opened my eyes. "Did you make a wish?" I asked, lying back down in bed.

"Of course," Xavier replied. "Did you?"

I laughed, "Yeah."

We were in silence again. "Do you enjoy these awkward silences?" I asked, looking at my nails.

Xavier chuckled, "I don't find them awkward. And as a matter of fact, I do enjoy them."

"Why?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, love?"

"Obviously," I replied, shaking my head. "Why do you think I asked?"

Xavier chuckled, "Maybe one day I'll tell you."

I sighed, "So, do you want to talk about anything?"

"No," Xavier said, "Do you?"

"Nope," I replied, popping the p.

"Oh," Xavier practically shouted in my ear. "We have a date tomorrow."

"We do?"

"Yes," Xavier replied, chuckling. "Ever heard of one?"

"Ha ha ha," I fake laughed. "So, what are we going to do?"

Xavier sighed, "We can watch a film then go to dinner."

"Alright," I said, nodding my head. "Any movies in mind."

"Let's watch Fifty Shades Of Grey." By Xavier's tone, I knew he was smirking.

I laughed, "I actually did want to see that movie." I smirked, "Christian Grey is fucking hot."

Xavier scoffed, chuckling. "I'll pick you up at six."

"So," I said, turning to lie on my stomach. "Why are we going on a date?"

"That is what couples do," Xavier said. "And I recall that we are one."

I scoffed, "A pretend couple."

"Still a couple," Xavier said. "You'll learn to enjoy being my pretend girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously," I said, sighing. "Why are we going on a date?"

"My dad was attempting to drag me to lunch with him and his business partners," Xavier said, groaning. "He wanted me to learn more about the business."