- GONE SO FAST.

hey everybody, sorry this chapter is a little late i'm currently catching up on some homework but i tried to get it out as soon as possible. as i said last chapter, this one will allow you all to be in the mind of joe and help you understand his side of the story (if i'm honest it made me a little emotional writing it!). i hope you all enjoy it, as always let me know what you think! stay safe🤍

JOES POV:
For a overcast day such as this, the mocking type forcing it's glacial gusts entry through small window gaps, it could be considered the ideal opportunity for any engulfing thoughts to trickle out through your ears in order to relish in the up-and-coming day. Fortunately for my hidden lazy side, this day just happened to be group rehearsals for the professionals and while it was not an often occurance, this rare free morning provided a chance of recharging my aching joints in preparation for Saturday. It's events would begin with a long rest, a much longer sleep than the typical awakening time of eight, before hauling my legs away from the warmth underneath the covers to waffle down that awaiting home-cooked breakfast of eggs with toast and a cup filled to the brim of steaming coffee. After these few moments of complete bliss, it was the dreaded time of locking myself in to my office, wishing for this occurance to be productive for in front of my eyes was hours of training footage needing cut down; but it was only two clips through before the big hand struck twelve and my morning of peace was over. However, instead of stressing over an edit that isn't coming together, Stacey was dragging me from my comfortable pit unreasonably early for us to watch the rehearsals. Not only was my agreeing willingly, for it gave extra time to build up the bond in this new found friendship, it just happened to mean there was a less likely chance for another awkward encounter with Dianne following yesterday's blow up.

Thirty minutes underneath the sheets having ticked by without any sign of movement, it was clear to avoid lateness I would have to escape the delve that perfectly cupped my body to venture out into the lonely outside chill. From my wardrobe a pair of my signature ripped jeans and black Metallica t-shirt were screaming out for wear, this total black manner seeming fitting for the grey gloom clouds hovering atop London. Lighting up the ceiling in the shape of a rectangle, my driver was shown to be turning down the street, only providing me with a final few minutes to be ready for departing. "Hey Bryon? I'm away to meet Stacey!" I called out for him, ignoring whether given the early status he would be very much alive, as I rushed against the clock to grab my white converse and thick winter coat to be set. "Um- yeah see you later!" Though the glass on the door was slightly faded, a reflection from the living room could still be spotted, the heart wrenching sight of Byron and Emily cuddled under a blanket with their interlocked fingers lying atop of the fabric in full view. This beautiful sight of love would typically warm my heart for the happiness of somebody that was a continual figure of hope at a necessary time, but today especially was not the day to see this. I decided against the torture of turning back to them, and distracted myself with the task of catching the Uber just in time before he would speed off without my presence in the backseat.

A late night conversation with Stacey, involving the prior downing of a few too many drinks was something I would never learn as a bad combination - for one, the late stage of the night led to a disengagement on my behalf and two, my severe tired state allowed her to slip anything she wished into our talks that wouldn't be realised until the next day. As much as I love the time spent getting to know her person further outside of Elstree, the bringing about of this meeting was organised by her fully, the stated purpose being an infrequent chance for us to have a "chat", one I could only assume was relating to Dianne. Even from a mile away anybody would be able to spot those fiery orange locks, vibrant against the dull red brick so common on each street corner. She seemed to have taken my similar approach of wrapping up warm, the top half of her body shielded by a thick black coat where her legs and feet sheltered by fabric dangled out the end.