- THE JIVE TRAINING.

JOES POV:
It was the start of a new week, but this week was the most nerve-racking. This Saturday, Dianne and I would perform our first dance together in front of millions and to say the least, I was terrified for it.

Dancing the jive is hard work. The routine is full of complicated steps and requires a lot of energy, the aspect I am struggling with. It just does not seem to stay in my head after one training session. It all goes in one ear and out the other, as my dad would say. But Dianne is very patient with me and understanding, she gets that this is not going to be the easiest experience for me. Or for her teaching, most likely.

I stumbled from my bed and changed into the same clothes from Fridays session, before hopping into my Uber to meet Dianne. I am not sure what will happen on Saturday, this dance is very difficult and like nothing I have ever done before. Like really, me? Dancing in front of millions? You wouldn't have guessed that.

I arrived about half an hour later but I stood by the door, taking a few deep breaths and putting on a brave face. Inside I was terrified and very nervous, my heart was beating out of my chest. I did not want to let Dianne down with this dance, she has worked so hard to get me to where I am, even if that position isn't very good. I took one last breath in and plastered a smile on my face as I entered the room.

I saw the bright redhead in the corner on the floor, pairing up her phone to the speaker. She immediately glanced up when she heard the door open, a smile coming to her face which I hoped was full of excitement to see me. She bumbled towards me and I dropped my bag, snaking my arms around her waist as she put her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"So, is Joseph ready for today?" She said as she pulled away, placing her hands on her hips as she beamed up at me. I folded my arms over my chest and nodded a little, my smile dropping slightly as the fear went over my face for a few seconds. She obviously knew what was wrong and let out a chuckle, rubbing her hands up and down my arms. "You'll be great, the routine is coming along nicely."

To hear her say those things sounded like music to my ears. For her to think that my dancing is okay, is a huge relief for me. "We do have some work to do though so let's get started". She clapped her hands together and went over to the speaker as I got into my starting position facing the mirror. I gave my reflection a small nod and took a deep breath. 'It's only a few minutes Joe, you can do this'.

DIANNES POV:
Something about Joe seemed off today. It may have been the weekend off but something seemed wrong. Despite only knowing each other a short time, we were becoming great friends and I felt very close to him in such a small space of time.

Anytime he messed up a small step, he would get frustrated with himself. I can tell he really wants to do well for everyone, he wants to prove people wrong that he can dance but the pressure he is putting on himself is too much.

"Joe it's your left foot not your right!". I raised my voice slightly, immediately regretting that decision. I glanced at his face, fear washing over it as his feet moved backwards to hit the brick wall, his body slowly sliding down it. A small frown came to my face as I watched him - He held his knees close to him, a frown was on his face as he sighed about himself, leaning his head back against the wall.

I had never seen Joe like this before. It really felt raw and real, almost as if he was opening up a side to me that he never had seen himself before. I walked to him slowly, copying his actions and sliding down the wall, lying my legs out flat as I looked at him.

"Listen Joe, I'm sorry I-". My sentence was interrupted by Joe moving himself in closer to me. His arms wrapped around my waist, his head buried into the crook of my neck, his breathing heavy and fast. My arms immediately wrapped around him, my head lay against his. I could feel tears drop down onto my shoulder as I whispered comforting words into his ear, trying to get him out of his panicked state.