- TROY AND GABRIELLA.

i just want to add this in at the start that i deleted my 'the reason' story just because i wasn't happy with the way it was going and my writing wasn't the best. also it's coming back to when i have to go back to school so i'm trying to pre-write chapters and they take quite a long time when you edit them and check your word count and things like that! i hope you'll understand that it is just easier for me at the minute to be writing one story, maybe i'll start posting two chapters a week then. thank you for all the support on that story though, it meant a lot to me :)

DIANNES POV:
I couldn't sit still, today was such a big day and I was so nervous. Amy and I were chatting about camera blocking yesterday, one of the worst days might I add. After Anthony showed up at our practise, Joe and I were not connecting as well as before. Something seemed off with him, something wasn't right. Through the whole routine, we couldn't keep our eye contact and our touches were kept to a minimum. Why would it matter so much to him if my boyfriend was there? We were just friends anyway.

Liv continued to fix my makeup when I heard a deep voice from behind me and a soft kiss planted onto my forehead. Anthony. As much as I tried to hide to the expression on my face, the uncomfortable feeling must have shown through my mask. I love Anthony, but I really dont want to be showing so much of our relationship whenever I have no idea what is going on with Joe. Amy must have noticed how I was feeling and asked him to leave, using the excuse of "you can't see her makeup look before the show it's a surprise!". I breathed out deeply a sigh of relief when I saw him exit the room, relaxing back in my chair.

"Hey Di.. what's up?" Amy asked, placing her hand on mine and rubbing it gently to get my attention. "Something just doesn't seem right with him anymore Ams.." I let my feelings pour out to Amy, her being a great shoulder to cry on when you needed it. "Is it anything to do with a certain roof-thatcher?" Without looking, I could sense the smile on her face, my stomach doing a small flip at the thought of Joe.

"No no, it's just.." Letting out a quiet sigh, my glance went to my fiddling hands on my lap. Another nervous habit unfortunately. "He makes me feel safe and loved when I'm around him. Even if it's a bad day with me, he always knows the right joke to change that. I've just felt a better feeling when I'm around him.." I explained slowly, getting the attention from everyone in the room now, feeling their glaring eyes burning into my head from all angles. All the blood in my body rushed to my face, giving me a tomato appearance which was hopefully covered by makeup.

"But as good-looking as he is, nothing's ever going to come from it. Joe and I are just friends". I whispered - my heart broke at the thought of us just being friends, even saying that made me a feel a sort of sadness I had never known before. Loud footsteps were heard across the room, the person obviously in a hurry to get out.

A small tap on my shoulder brought me back from my dwelling, turning towards Amy who had her phone shoved into my face. From what I could see, it was an Instagram story from Joes page, captioned "Need a prom date? @diannebuswell?". The text was in a red box to match my hair, accompanied with the fire zoom effect, going in very close to my face in the mirror. My heart sunk knowing he was probably the person who ran out so quickly. And I was probably the reason.

Flopping back in the chair, I reluctantly let Liv and Amy try to describe but I couldn't sit still. It wasn't enough. All I wanted right now was to go after Joe. I wanted to apologise for what I said, or what I did. Tears welled up in my eyes but I fought them back with a strong urge, my stomach full of butterflies for the night ahead of us.

While we waited backstage together, I could feel my heart zoom around like a racing car in my chest. My breathing rapidly increased. The butterflies, who had now taken a permanent home in my stomach, were flying around wildly. Seeing Stacey and Kevin perform sent worry through my entire body. I'd never been this nervous for a performance with Joe before. Usually I was calm and collected, ready to perform. But right now, I was far from that girl.