Chapter 86: The Lock Box

Rose handed himself in. He knew the police couldn't hold him. Other than simply being a member of Cipher, he hadn't really done anything wrong. If he hadn't destroyed the remote, the Robo Pokémon might have been activated. Nascour defended him. His hatred was shifting from Wes to Ein, Theta and Ardos.

'Get me a lighter sentence,' he bargained with Anabel, 'And I'll tell you where Ein and Theta are.'

'I don't want to send a 90 year-old to jail.'

He turned 90 in hospital. 'And you learned your lesson this time... didn't you?'

'Just a little... I never want to smell garlic again.'

'But as you know, local police hope you'll be sent to Gatas.'

Gatas Prison was the continent's highest-security jail on an isolated island surrounded by bloodthirsty Sharpedo. Gretchen and two Cipher Admins, Brynlee and Znider, were there.

'Would an ankle tag be an acceptable compromise?'

'Are you kidding? Yes!'

'You won't be allowed to leave Orre, or go anywhere near Wesley Vincent and his family.'

'I don't care. All I want to do before I die is see some spectacular battles and make things up to my kids. Has my will been changed yet?'

'Yes. I have a copy. Here.'

'Fufufu... Ardos will love this. Cipher's money in the hands of a Mesquite.'

'Indeed. So there's no need to go after Ardos, or anyone for that matter. If you do, I won't come to your rescue.'

'I won't. I'm a man of my word... Ein and Theta will most likely be at the Thirsty Cacnea Saloon in Jasper Town. It's a new Cipher town beyond Mt. Battle. Do let me know if you catch them.'

'Their arrest will be regional, if not international news. Especially if this place is a "Cipher town."'

Anabel fitted Nascour's ankle tag for him to be discharged from hospital. There was no-one to pick him up, so she flew him to his mansion on the outskirts of Phenac City. Police had already searched it. It was like Alfie's mansion when he still lived in Gateon Port. There was hardly anything inside.

The next stop was the house Abbey and Leon renovated near Agate Village. There were so many visitors with six Pokémon each that navigating the sleeping bags and baskets on the floor was like a Gym Leader's obstacle course. Ruhul and a colleague were boarding the attic and converting it to three new bedrooms. Chalcedony slept in Fayiz's room until it was complete.

Rustie wasn't sure where she wanted to be. The atmosphere at home was icy since the revelation prompted Rustie's brothers to discover they, too, were adopted. Winchester and Houston stayed for dinner for the first time in years, only to storm out and take depressed Jimmy Lee with them, after a tumultous argument. Rustie followed when Chastity insisted that Eldes and Leden were 'Alfie Clan Admins.' What she really wanted was for Chastity to let her theories go and return to the kind, loving and intelligent mom she used to know; because to Rustie, she would always be her mom. Her brothers would always be her brothers. That was what Chastity truly wanted, too, but it went over her head then.