Chapter 24

This is going to be a very very very short chapter but you will understand why, don't hate me <3 <4

___________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up and I'm lying in the middle of a road of a war torn city. I sit up and get my bearings. The street I am on is absolutely deserted. At the end there is a glass dome that looks like a greenhouse. The cars parked on either side have been there for awhile judging from the rust on them.

I hear groaning from all around me and I notice my friends are here as well. They are all in the same state of buffudlement as me.

"What happened?" Al asked.

"I think we were drugged with sleeping gas and brought here...wherever here is.." Marlene answers.

"Were they watching us? Alfred isn't here with us so maybe they didn't target him?" Christina says.

"I don't know but we have to be careful where we go. We are ok our own, Evelyn and our SO's can't help us now," Will says.

"Alright lets go find our way home. First lets get off the street to somewhere a little more concealed," I say.

No one objects as they all stand with me and walk to the side. We take cover under an abandoned building. It seems to be the sheltered part. The glass from the doors have been smashed to smithereens.

"Does anyone else not feel like this is a test?" Uriah asks.

I know what he means. It doesn't feel like one. It really and honestly feels like that we have been kidnapped or something. I was about to say something but then I was interuppted by a sinister whirring behind us. We all freeze and turn around. Standing before us is a machine of some sorts. It has spider like legs with a sleek cannon situated on top of it. Every time it takes a step you can hear the glass being crushed under it.

It takes one step towards us then we take one back. The cannon turns and it fires a beam of light towards a rusty car. In a blink of an eye the rusty car was gone and only a pile of ashes remain. I didn't notice but there was a baby Labrador puppy which also turned to a pile of ashes from the cannon. Confusion turns to horror when we realise we could easily call it a vaporising beam. I thought those only existed in stories and superhero movies... I guess not.

"RUN!" Lynn yells.

"They killed the puppy!" Marlene wails as she runs.

We take off without a moment hesitation and sprint off to the direction of the glass dome. We all jump over cars and dodge the laser beams. My muscles burn. You know how people always say to pretend like something is chasing you so you will run quicker? Yeah this was it and they are right, it does make you run quicker. While the rest of us pulled away, Al was falling behind us. The walking cannon was gaining on him with each metal step cracking the pavement on which it walked on. Each laser beam was closer than the last to him.

"Al!" I yell.

I abandon any thought of getting to the dome and rush to help him. The walking cannon was close on his heals and was taking aim right to Al's head.

"TRIS GET BACK HERE!" I hear Uriah yell.

I'm running back and grab his hand pulling him towards the rest. The others have stopped and are right ahead. I hear the whirring signalling that the cannon is about to fire, then without thinking I push all out of the way and I see a white light engulf my vision.

____________________________________________________________
Okay sorry short chapter but I promise it will sort of make sense why I've done it like this

Read comment and vote!

Keep smiling <3<4