Chapter 39: Epilogue

5 years later

We've been safe for 5 whole years. After we escaped Jeanine and Marcus we never knew what happened to the rest of them. I ever saw Susan or Robert again. We never knew what happened to Al or Evelyn either. After we dropped of the grid we lost contact with Max but we do know he was promoted to be the Chief Commissioner in the police force.

My friends and I lead normal lives now. It was our way of promising Evelyn that we would go off the grid.

Tobias and I have been living together ever since and he insisted that we spend my 21st birthday with friends.

Christina and Will come over with Issi, their 3 year old daughter. Let's just say it was an accident and leave it as that. Shauna and Zeke got married and have twins, Daniel and Cameron (who's read the Fallen series?). Tori and Amar also recently got engaged and are to be married within a few months while Caleb and Cara found new jobs as science teachers in the local school. Lynn was on her one year anniversary with her girlfriend Laura in Australia.

It was a whirlwind for Marlene and Uriah who went through several break ups and make ups before he finally decided to pop the question to her.

As for me, Tobias and I are happy dating each other. Zeke always gives me weird looks like he's expecting something. He always comes and feels my stomach and goes, "Four why is she not pregnant yet?"

All our friends are here and it feels like old times again. I see Issi, Cameron and Daniel playing in the lounge with Marlene and Shauna while Uriah and Zeke have their good old Predrad debate on Unicorns and Zombies.

"Hey Tris, look who just walked in the door," Tobias says.

I turn around to see my brother.

"Caleb!" I say walking to give him a hug.

"Happy 21st birthday girl!" He says giving me a hug.

"Now that everyone is here let's open presents," Tobias says.

He leads all of us to the lounge room where the kids, Shauna and Marlene were and we all take a seat.

"Just before we start I have an important question Four," Zeke starts. We all look at him before he says, "is there a reason that Tris isn't pregnant yet?"

We all laugh. It's a reoccurring joke now.

"Ha ha ha," he says.

"Okay who's first?" I ask.

Everyone exchanges weird glances with each other.

"Aunty Tris! Aunty Tris! Open Uncle Four's first!" Issi says bouncing on Will's lap.

"Alright sweetie," I say.

Tobias comes and hands me a small box wrapped in grey wrapping paper. I tear the paper open and open the black box. I gasp.

Inside was a ring. A simple one with a small and elegant diamond on the top. I break my gaze away from it to look at him and he is on one knee on the floor in front of me.

"You and I have know each other since we were 12. We've been through our tough times together and pulled through. It's always been you. There will never ever be another one more perfect for me that you Beatrice Prior. My girl, my princess, will you be my Queen? Will you marry me?" He says.

"Yes, of course it's yes," I say teary. I get off my chair and go and kiss him.

He takes the box out of my hands and the ring out of the box and slips it on to my ring finger.

My friends applaud and Christina squeals.

"You guys knew all along!" I say. I'm rewarded with a bunch of nods.

The girls come and hug us and my niece and nephews hug me too. I heard Caleb say to Tobias, "hurt her I hurt you but congratulations."

Beatrice Prior. Beatrice Eaton.

Tris eaton.

Tobias pulls me in for a long kiss.

Agent Tris Prior finally gets the guy of her dreams and a normal life. What more can you ask for?

___________________________________________________________

So unfortunately that is the end of the story

Thank you to everyone who has read it and loved it. Thank you to everyone who has voted for it. Thank you for your feedback and your encouragement.

I am writing a new story called Divergent Romeo and I will post the first chapter up so you can check that out :)

Read comment and Vote <3<4

Keep Smiling :D

Adios xoxoxoxo