Chapter 33

Tris' POV

Wow it feels like I have hit my head on the ground and that my insides have been frozen which is why they feel so stiff now.

I am aware that I am tied up being seated against a wooden mast and so are the rest. Christina and Marlene are awake and by my side, both in the same condition as I am. I look around to take in my surroundings.

We are in some kind of cavern. There after dull grey rocks everywhere and it looks like I'm sitting on sand. Are we near some beach or some underwater cave? Whoever did this has watched one too many cheesy spy movies.

I hear groaning from all around. I realised that opposite me tied up against wooden masks were Will, Tobias and Uriah. On my left were Lynn, Shauna, Tori and Cara. On my right were Al, Zeke, Amar and Caleb. Apparently none of us were left to chance. at least they were all awake. I was probably the last to wake up.

"Thank God you are alright Tris!" Caleb says.

"What happened? It feels like I fell flat on my face.." I say.

"Really it feels like I fell flat on my ass.." Uriah complains.

"Hey your ass is like a massive jumpy castle there bro," Zeke says casually.

"At least mine doesn't look like the size of Africa," he retorts.

"Whatcha gonna do with a big fat butt? Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle," Zeke says squirming around trying to wiggle his butt.

We all laugh. It is ridiculous to laugh considering where we are and our current state but it was just so funny.

"Stop making us 'crack' up," Lynn says bring on another fresh round of laughter.

"Please you are making me get winded," Tori says.

The laughing levels are outrageous at the moment. Each comment bringing on new fits of laughter. Some of us are there bobbing our heads like retarded seals and some of us are on our sides trying to rest our stomachs from laughter.

But all the laughing stopped when we heard someone walking. You could definately hear it because it sounded like someone was wearing high heals and walking on rock. I didn't realise this before but there seemed to be some kind of platform above us. It was just a ledge that lead to a point where we could all look up and see it. It led back towards some other cave thing. I wasn't really keen on finding out where that one was going to lead to.

We all glanced at each other while the clacking of the shoes on the rock continued. Then it stopped. I looked up. There standing above us on the platform was Evelyn. She looked different. She was dressed in a black dress that met the ground with what looked like a black ceremonial cape flowing behind her. Her hair neatly parted flowed out behind her.

"Evelyn?" Amar says breaking the awkward silence between all of us.

Another girl walked up next to her, dressed the same way.

"Susan?" Caleb and I both say.

"Beautiful isn't it? To have complete and utter control. No disagreements, perfect soldiers," a new voice said from behind me.

We all ripped our gaze from Evelyn and Susan and snapped our heads to the side. Jeanine Matthews walked to the square of sand from which we were all seated on. As she made her way here, the clacking of her shoes echoed in the cavern. It was definately her walking towards us before.

Jeanine was accompanied by another girl and a boy. The boy had a V for Vendetta mask for some odd reason. Why is he trying to be V for Vendetta? There is no way that he was going to be cooler than Hugo Weaving...