[5] WONJIN - SAFE AND SOUND

GENRE: ANGST✨

"Hello."

Wonjin painfully sighed, as he layed a bouquet of roses to the ground. It was a cloudy day, cloudier than usual that it seems like it's gonna rain in the next minutes. Wonjin bitterly smiled, looking at the ground.

"How have you been? Im sorry I haven't visited in a while now. Life is hectic you know." Wonjin narrated, holding his hands together. The cold wind blowing through his black coat, as he closed his eyes bitterly. "You're lucky. You don't need to go though these kind of stuff, while Im here worrying about worldy things that are totally unnecessary. What even is the purpose of life?" Wonjin joked towards the end.

"But don't worry. Me and Jimmy are totally managing. Not an extravegant life, but at least we get to eat three— no six times a day." Wonjin smiled. "You know, our son misses you alot. But he accepted it already, don't feel bad." The man sighed, before kneeling to the ground and touching the gravestone that had his wife's name written in it.

"I hope you're doing well there. I really hope so." Wonjin said, recounting the final moments that he was with his wife...

~2 YEARS AGO~

"Im sorry Sir. The cancer cells already spread throughout her. She'll die eventually, we may leave you now." The doctor said, before walking out the hospital room both Wonjin and Y/N was at. Wonjin was left speechless, while
Y/N let out a painful sigh.

Their child, Jimmy was now a crying mess and so was Y/N's parents and her inlaws. Wonjin carefully walked towards his wife, trying to show that he was strong but failed. After sitting at the patient bed, Wonjin grabbed Y/N into a tight and warm hug.

"Wonjin, Im scared." Y/N sobbed, "Im scared to leave the both of you." "Shh, don't think of us please. Think of yourself only." Wonjin exclaimed, as he fixed his bald wife into a cuddling position. Just like the normal days, where Y/N was still perfectly fine and not yet diagnosed with cancer.

"Honey, this is gonna be goodbye now." Y/N said in a bitter manner. "Please take care. Take care of Jimmy, after I die. You have to be a mother and a father to him now." Wonjin cried even harder, hugging Y/N even tighter. "Please take care of mom and dad as well, Im their only child before but now they have a son like you. Please, don't leave them."

"I promise, I promise to do all." Wonjin said, sobbing onto Y/N's hospital gown. "Wonjin, You know? I don't regret this. I don't regret living, I lived it to the fullest now. If I die in your arms, in your cuddles, I think that's all I really wanted in life. You, Jimmy and a happy family." She said. "Please, I love you okay? Remember that."

Wonjin closed his eyes, as he rocked Y/N in lulluby. "I love you too honey. Just close your eyes, the sun's going down. You'll be alright once you open them once more, no one can hurt you anymore." Wonjin said, holding his breath as Y/N's final moments came in.

The beeping then echoed through the room, but to Wonjin? He can't hear anything, he's just enjoying the feeling of his wife in his arms for the last time and reminiscing the memories with her. The time he first met her, their first date, their wedding day, the moment Jimmy was born to the day they bought the house they were in.

No wonder she lived to the fullest and died happily, she really did live it with no regrets.

~THE PRESENT~

"I think it's time for me to go." Wonjin said, wiping the tears that flowed out his eyes after remembering the time. "I gotta pick up our 12 year old you know. It's friday, and we're gonna eat outside like the usual. Then go to the arcade. Remember that time? I really miss you honey." Wonjin continued.

"Please keep watching us. Take care. I love you so much."

~❤️~

I dedicate this chapter to someone. Hopefully you're happy up there pops.
-- A