[9] SEONGMIN - PLAYHOUSE

GENRE: FLUFF + ANGST 💕

You never expected this to come this way.

You knew Seongmin for as far as you can remember. Apparently, your parents and his parents are friends that they set up a playdate with the both of you when you were only babies along with other babies.

But out of the children, you and Seongmin became friends. Playing with one common toy, a Playhouse. It was giant, filled with various toys you and Seongmin took interest in.

Dolls, Cars, Building blocks all used to make a universe of imagination for the both of you.

It went for years, from 2 to 5. Then 6 to 10.

Even if the both of you we're already teenagers, busy with school activities. You and Seongmin made sure to still meet and hang out, at the same time, at the same day, every friday, at 5:00 PM.

Even if it wasn't a playdate anymore, it was still the same. You and Seongmin talk about worries of growing up, life, how schools are more cruel than evil stepmothers. And how it was an joke for the both of you that you are not gonna leave each other's side.

You thought it was a joke, a joke between friends.

But as time went on, the friendly relationship and feeling began to become less friendly and much more romantic.

You couldn't pinpoint excatly when you started to get feelings, but for sure it was something part of you doesn't want to feel and part of you wants to.

Maybe it was the fact that he was a baby, and you always had to take care of him. Maybe it was the fact that you always found the brightest stars in his eyes that was enough to guide yourself to light. Maybe it was that he was the moonlight in the darkest the life can get.

But you're sure that you always felt fears and doubts going away whenever you fall into his arms, longing for an angel to just listen to you.

It was probably like building blocks. You and Seongmin built a relationship with each other so strong that it became to be more than just friendship. And the more you and Seongmin bonded, the more building blocks was placed.

The more the feelings became sturdy.

Seongmin on the other hand, didn't know when he caught feelings as well. Maybe it was the fact that it was only a friday night that he was waiting for, no matter what his mood it. Or maybe it was the fact that you smelled good, like fresh roses picked up from the garden.

Maybe it was the fact that you were always there for him, even in his darkest days and even if he can't return the favor. Maybe it was the fact that you that you always made him feel safe.

The feelings must be like a house. It started simple, from a template to a draft. From just long wires to be filled with cement. Then made with blocks, then painted. Until it's ready to be furnished with all things of sorts.

It was like Seongmin's feelings for you. It started small, until it grew further and further into something big that it couldn't be hid anymore.

And that's how you found yourselves, sitted across each other inside a tent made out of various blankets at the garden of Seongmin's house. It was a friday night like the usual, but it was different. It was your last friday night with Seongmin.

It was the last night in Korea as well, as you will be going to another country for college and it will take you a good 10 years in another country. As joyful Seongmin was to see you accepted to Harvard, he was also heartbroken to see you go and take on the world on your own.

He was worried, what if you need him there? You and Seongmin promised to each other that you'd stay with each other till the end of time.

So Seongmin decided to finally confess his feelings, not knowing when you're coming back home anyways. It's better to say what he feels before it's too late.

As shocked as you were, you were delighted to know that Seongmin felt the same for you. You were planning to hide them, since you thought it was a one sided love.

But now there's no hiding anymore.

"I like you too." You replied to Seongmin's confession. He then looked up, his eyes once were looking down in fear and shame now looked at you screaming "Are you serious??"

You sighed, grabbing Seongmin's hand. "I don't know when it started, but i just know I like you already. It's a shame Im going tomorrow. But at least you told me what you feel."

Seongmin then smiled, "Im glad you feel the same. I thought over this thing for ages, knowing that I might loose you." He said, before grabbing my hands in glee. "This is like a dream come true. But..."

"But what Seongmin?" I asked, he was always a doubtful person. It wasn't out of the blue.

"You're going. Medical school. What if you find someone else—" "That won't happen." I assured Seongmin, reaching over him to hug him. Just a few moments, he hugged me too. But his was tighter, as if I was gonna be gone forever.

But for someone who loves, for sure 10 years feels forever.

"Remember this night. I know it's impossible that nothing changes in 10 years. But I hope your feelings can remain. Wait for me, and we'll build our own kingdom."

"Where you're the king, and Im the queen."

~🎎~

Ik it's short but I kinda feel this is one of the best I did...? Idk, metaphors just make everything 100 times better for me.

Hopefully you enjoyed ✨