The Perfect Duo

When Caroline woke up in Klaus' arms she didn't ever want to move. From the way he was taking in deep breaths, she could tell he was sleeping good. So she decided to swiftly remove his arms from around her.

Once she did she made sure to check if he was still sleep, which he was, she made her way out of his room. After that she did her morning routine, which she could do properly now that they were back.

After she showered she made her way to the hall. From the sound of it everyone else in the house was sleep, except Henrik. She knew it was Henrik from his breathing pattern, Heart beat, and the precise weight he put into his steps. When she was bored she memorized all of that.

When she entered the kitchen she wasn't surprised that he didn't jump at her sudden presence. She wasn't the only one that paid close attention to the other.

"Morning Hen," Caroline greeted him as he passed her a cup of coffee. It was like they were on a schedule that only they knew.

"Good Morning Sunshine," He greeted back.

After they started a conversation they found themselves wondered around the large compound. They had explored half of the compound before they stumbled across what looked like a music room. Both of their jaws dropped at the size and all the stuff in it.

But what really caught their attention was the huge piano in the middle of the floor. They looked at each other with the same happy gleam in their eye before racing over to the piano.

"You have any specific request?" Henrik asked Caroline. While they were... secluded. They sung and danced pretty often. Caroline taught him almost every song she knew.

She decided on one they hadn't played before. "This one. Here let me show you." she said placing her hands on the keys and softly playing until she found the tune she was trying to play. When she did she looked at Henrik and he placed his hands on the keys and did the exact same thing, probably a little better... but still.

When Caroline realized he had it down pact she hopped up from the bench and on top of the piano so that her legs dangled and the long white sun dress she "borrowed" from Bonnie, slightly flowed off the side.

She easily caught onto the soft rhythm and started singing.

Take it back to the start
No, I can't tell you apart
When we lost one another
That's when I rediscovered

Caroline's soft voice sounded around the room.

My memories in the clouds

But no feet on the ground

'Cause I know I should forget you

Why can't I just regret you?

Henrik looked up at Caroline with raise eyebrows at her song choice. She look at him and smiled innocently and shrugged. Henrik just laughed.

We were fighting fires every night when you met me
And it's not fair at all
So after everything Why'd you leave me with the good stuff, babe
And forget about the mess we made?

They were so caught up in the song that didn't even realize the small audience at the door.

Oh, I wish that my mouth didn't smile when I think of you
But you left me with the good stuff, babe
And I know that it's a crying shame

It's a million times harder when I don't hate you

Oh, I try to rewind

Every scene in my mind
And for you, I've got tunnel vision
And I've blocked out every collision

And in another life, yeah
Do me a favour and try
To leave me broken and bitter
So moving on's a little quicker

The lyrics hit a little harder when you can relate. Caroline thought to herself.

We were fighting fires every night when you met me
And it's not fair at all
So after everything Why'd you leave me with the good stuff, babe
And forget about the mess we made?

Oh, I wish that my mouth didn't smile when I think of you
But you left me with the good stuff, babe
And I know that it's a crying shame

It's a million times harder when I don't hate you

Let me ask you why
I wonder if you're going through the same
As I tonight

Why'd you leave me with the good stuff, babe
And forget about the mess we made?

Oh, I wish that my mouth didn't smile when I think of you Oh, why'd you leave me with the good stuff, babe
And forget about the mess we made?

Caroline voice boomed off the walls louder as Henrik's fingers danced faster and more passionately across the piano keys.

Oh, I wish that my mouth didn't smile when I think of you
But you left me with the good stuff, babe
And I know that it's a crying shame
It's a million times harder when I don't hate you
When I don't hate you

Henrik slowly stopped playing and Caroline's singing slowly Came to an end. Caroline started opening her eyes that she didn't even know had closed and looked down Henrik with a big smile and raised her hand signaling for him to give her a high five.

Once he did they both stood and their heads snapped to the door at the sound of clapping. As if on cue Caroline smiled sheepishly while Henrik put his head down fighting the heat that was trying to crawl up his neck.

"I didn't know you could sing. Like actually sing." Rebekah told Caroline still in shock before turning to Henrik. "And how did you learn to play the piano?"

Henrik looked up at his sister who was looking at him expectantly. "Watching you all on the other-side."he answered quietly while all his siblings turned to look at him in surprise.

"And I've always been able to sing I just don't do it often-" Caroline started but Henrik turn to give her a look that said 'stop lying'. "Ok fine when I was alive I didn't sing often. But when I d-" she was once again cut off when Klaus sent her a glare.

"I mean when I spiritually left this plane, me and Henrik ended up, um, singing together every so often." More like every day she thought to herself.

"Singing is a good talent to have Ms. Forbes," Elijah said bowing his head slightly while Caroline shot him a smile.

"And you are very good at that apparently," Rebekah laughed a little.

"I'm alright," Caroline said shrugging.

"I already knew Care could sing I just knew she didn't do it around us, me and Elena, a lot." Bonnie announced. "And is that my dress !?"

"Maybe," Caroline replied smiling.

"Come on we have A LOT to catch you both up on." Klaus finally spoke spinning on his heels.

"Oh yes. Yes we do," Katherine smirked.

"Ouu let's start with the blonde bartender," Kol spoke clapping his hands side eyeing Klaus who shot him an evil glare.

"Camille !?" Caroline asked surprised that she was still around.

"Yup that would be the one." Rebekah and Bonnie spoke grimly.

Klaus just sighed. While Henrik and Caroline looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 📌 : hey.... ummmm I started writing this a while ago but I lost inspiration and started focusing on school 🙄. BUT ITS SUMMER NOW !! So I'm back... I think.