Bad News

It was the next day when Klaus and Caroline were about to go see the witch that Klaus had set an appointment with.

Once they got to the cemetery Caroline looked around suspiciously before turning to Klaus,

"Why are we in a cemetery?" She asked confused.

"This is where we're meeting the witch." He told her but all the while not breaking his stride towards the gate.

Caroline was still confused but she didn't get to ask anything else because Klaus started to shout a name.

"SOPHIE DEVEREAUX !" He shouted like a mad man, making Caroline jump.

"You don't need to yell Klaus. You know there is this little device called a cellphone it works." Sophie said walking out of one of the tombs rolling her eyes.

"Do not test me, Sophie. We still have an impending conversation about how you tried to trick me into thinking the wolf was carrying for my miracle child." He all but growled at her. Her eyes went wide.

"You know?" She whispered fearing for her life.

"I know." He whispered back smirking darkly.

"Ok, can you kill her another time we came here for a reason?" Caroline said making Sophie finally acknowledge her presence. Sophie looked at her squinting slightly as if the sun were in her eyes but it was a cloudy day.

"Woah!" Sophie exclaimed finally adjusting her eyes to look at Caroline properly.

"What!" Klaus and Caroline said at the same time.

"You have a bright aura around you," Sophie said looking at Caroline like a science experiment.

"A what?" Caroline stated at Sophie bewildered.

"You know how I always tell you your full of light?" Klaus asked Caroline who just nodded, "I was being quite literal."  he finished

"An aura is basically like a way of telling what type of person you are. Witches can see people aura. And your aura is bright. You're a really, good person." Sophie explained to Caroline who was looking at Klaus.

"Wow! Well how can you see it?" she asked Klaus.

"My mother was a witch. Meaning I was a warlock. I just hadn't come into my power yet. But when my siblings and I turned we could still see peoples aura." He explained to Caroline who just nodded still not completely understanding.

"The real question is why are you hanging out with someone like him," Sophie asked Caroline.

"I'm hurt," Klaus said feigning hurt holding his chest with a hurt expression.

"What do you mean," Caroline questioned ignoring Klaus.

"His aura is dark. And yours is... light!" Sophie dragged furrowing eyebrows before a look of realization popped up on her face.

"He's not that bad," Caroline said laughingly, playfully nudging Klaus' shoulder.

"Trust me, love, I'm the devil in disguise." He said winking at Caroline  who just rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Anyways, I'm Caroline." Caroline introduced herself breaking Sophie's train of thought.

"Sophie. So what did you come for?" Sophie asked.

"We need you to find two people." Klaus told Sophie.

"Well you know I can't use magic. So I won't be that helpful." Sophie told Klaus who just sighed.

"Why? Aren't you a witch?" Caroline asked staring at Sophie confused.

"Yes but witches in the quarter can't use there magic or they get slaughtered." Sophie explained to Caroline looking down remembering how her sister gave up her life.

"What that's barbaric! Who do such a thing!" Caroline exclaimed with wide eyes.

"You didn't tell her?" Sophie asked Klaus who was trying to look every bit at Caroline.

"No." He simply stated

"What is she talking about." Caroline asked Klaus. 

"I'll tell you later." He told her with a sigh of relief when she nodded.

"Well is there another way you can try to find them?" Caroline asked Sophie.

"Yes. Do you have something of theirs or something they gave you?" Sophie asked Caroline.

"Um yea. Bonnie gave me this charm bracelet. And Stefan gave me this necklace." Caroline said while taking off her bracelet and necklace.

On Klaus' part he was jealous. Why would Caroline have a necklace from stefan. He was starting to rethink finding him.

"Alright so when I touch them it can tell me if they're alive or dead." Sophie said closing her hand around the items and closed her eyes.

Caroline waited patiently for her to finish. While Klaus let out an impatient sigh.

"This one," Sophie said handing Caroline back the necklace from Stefan, "has a really powerful cloaking spell on it, and this one," she said handing her the bracelet, " I cant get a reading off of it." She finished with an apologetic look.

"What does that mean?" Caroline asked on the verge of tears.

Klaus already knew what that meant.

"Your friend Stefan is alive. But Bonnie is... dead." Sophie told Caroline.

Caroline felt like the ground had been taken away from under her. She collapsed but before she hit the ground she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist keeping her from falling. She shook her head and grasped a handful of his Henley. She let a sob.

"No no no, B-Bonnie can't be dead. Not her. Your wrong. I refuse to believe that." Caroline said having a full on breakdown.

Sophie sent her a sympathetic look. Caroline's eyes darken and she stood up and vamp-sped to Sophie and held her up by her neck against the gate.

"Your lying!" She screamed at her with tear streaming down her face.

Klaus watched Caroline stand up and grab Sophie by her neck screaming at her. He vamped over to Caroline and took her away from Sophie.

She was sobbing hard against his shoulder.

"Thank you." He turned to Sophie with a nod and vamp sped back to the compound.

************

When they got back to the Compound he was still carrying a sobbing Caroline in bridal style threw the door.

They were met by an anxious Rebekah.

"So...wait- what happened?" She asked taking notice to Caroline's current state.

"Later." Klaus told Rebekah giving her a look. She nodded. And he took Caroline to his room to lay her down.

**********

When he laid her down he was about to walk out when he heard her broken voice.

"Can you stay with me? Please?" She asked him.

"Of course." He told her before slipping in the bed and taking her into his arms.

After a little while he heard her breathing slow down, he knew she was asleep. So he let sleep take him to.

Caroline woke up and she realized she wasn't in New Orleans with Klaus anymore. She looked around and realized she was in a spot in the woods of mystic falls where Elena, Bonnie, and her played when they kids. What she didn't know was how she got there. Until she heard a voice she thought she would never hear again.

"Hey Care." The other person said with a big smile.

"Bonnie." She breathed out with tears in her eyes.