Chapter 13- Grillby's

Writer~San: Hey, wanted to quickly apologize. Chapters the past few days have been rushed, late, and one day I even completely skipped. I'm not doing well these past two weeks so that's why chapter production has been slow lol. Don't worry, I'll still try my best to keep my one chapter a day schedule. Thanks for reading so far, Cya!
.
.

(~Your POV~)

"I don't know Madi, this seems a bit too casual." I turn to the side, looking in the mirror. I have a striped white and (f/c) T-shirt, denim overalls on top, and some slip-on sneakers. Madi is sitting on my bed, she scoffs, "Y/N, you're going to a small restaurant to get lunch, not a formal ball to get an award."

'Ha.. very funny...'

I roll my eyes, "I don't mean that. I just- Don't you think I should dress up a bit more? What about my other outfit?" I'm not used to this whole choosing thing at all. Madi stands up, grabbing my second option off the swinging chair. A simple (f/c) dress that goes to my waist, with a pair of tights and some boots. Madi questions, "This? You still really like (f/c), don't you?" I nod, "Yep, but what do you think?"

"Y/N, I think you're going to look great in both. In my opinion, you should save this dressy outfit for the another time. Sans should enjoy this lunch date with you for your casual personality and the time spent with you, not how you dress."

'I know but still...'

I sigh, definitely unconvinced. She takes a deep breath, "Y/N, the two of you are friends, so see it as a meeting between friends. Don't make this ONE outing freak you out! It'll turn the conversation awkward."

I turn to her, "I can put makeup on though, right?" Madison smiles and rolls her eyes, "I NEVER said you couldn't have makeup. Get it done before we run out of time!" I laugh and rush past her, into the bathroom directly across the hall.

As I'm preparing my makeup, Madison walks out of the room. She walks down the hall and into the kitchen/living room (it's a big open space). I can hear her tossing her keys around and catching them midair. She calls out, "Hey, I'll be in the truck! Where are we going by the way? I need to know where I'm dropping you off!" I check my text messages, and read the answer straight off what Sans told me, "We're going to Grillby's!"

Madison starts laughing, "I know that place. It's on the monsters' side of town, isn't it?!" I carefully trace on some eyeliner while answering, "Yeah! It is!"

"Alright! Don't take too long!" Madison shouts before leaving the house.

(~Short Time Skip~)

I climb into the passenger side of the truck, buckling in. Madi starts the car while slipping her sunglasses on, "You locked the door?" I nod, showing off my makeup, "Is it too much?"

"Let me see-" Madi takes a glance at me and finishes, "You look fabulous." Madi puts the truck in reverse and we get on the road again. I smile, getting a bit of my confidence back, "Thank you!"

She teases, "Sans is gonna be so shocked, he'll be speechless." I smack her shoulder, "Oh come on Madi! He has a condition!" Even though I was trying to defend him, I couldn't stop myself from laughing with her anyway.

(~Time Skip Again~)

We pull up to the destination. A small brick building was built here not too long ago, it's a restaurant and bar. A sign for "Grillby's" has been constructed over the door. It actually glows at night from what Sans told me.

Madison leans back and sighs, "Let's hope you don't get mugged." "Madi!" I fuss her, embarrassed. She smiles, teasing, "I know, I know. Sans is a good guy, I know he'll protect you. It's 11:55, so you're 5 minutes early. Therefore, that gives you about 45-50 minutes before I have to come pick you up and bring you back to work. Okay, have fun!"