Chapter 25- Your Gift

(~Your POV~)

"Please! It's not anything bad, is it?" "What? No! Why would I give you anything bad?" Sans is blushing more as he turns away.

I smirk, "So why don't you want me to open it? Love letter?" Sans pulls his hood over his head, "Oh god, please stop."

I laugh while opening the envelope, "Don't stress about it, I love you too." Inside are two papers, a blank one in front of the two. While the other is wrapped in a thin plastic sleeve for protection.

Very curious, I glance at Sans, "What is this?" He doesn't answer and stays hidden in his hood. I decide to pull the blank paper out first, neatly unfolding it. It's a note in Sans' handwriting.

"Heya! The past month with you has been very eventful. It's crazy how everything just seemed to click or happen this way. For the past few days though, I've been asking myself something.

'What if?'

What if things hadn't happened the way it did? What if some things never existed? My injury, your abuse situation, the MTA, the still ongoing war between our races, all of it. What if somehow, our lives crossed there instead, in better circumstances? I'm not saying I regret how we met (you sliding across the cafe floor was pretty funny), but it's just something interesting to think about.

We both like to sit at the same table at the cafe. So maybe one day, you'd walk over and ask if the seat next to me was taken. I'd say a joke or coffee pun to make you smile. If you weren't weirded out by me already, I would invite ya to enjoy your morning with me. Something cheesy like that, I don't know for sure since it didn't happen that way.

But it's fun to think about... I would like you to see it too, So I made something."

I'm in slight confusion as I pull out the second paper. Protected in the plastic sleeve, is a hand drawn picture. A view of the table in the corner of the cafe, by the window. Sans is sitting on the right, joking around, winking with a huge grin on his face. I'm drawn on the left, smiling big and laughing while choking on a sip of my drink.

I'm speechless. This took my breath away immediately.

'Is this the finished art of that sketch Sans did last week?'

The structure of the drawing looks identical. I can tell it's the same drawing, even though it was only the wall of the cafe and the table when I first saw it. Sans did so well!

The colors, intricate detail, and shading are amazing. I noticed some minor details too. Sans' vertebrae doesn't have any cracks, it looks completely normal. He doesn't have to hide his neck at all or restrain himself from talking too much.

I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt, revealing my completely unharmed arms. No bruises, no cuts, no scars, no problems. In the outside of the cafe window, monsters and humans are walking down the sidewalk side by side, talking, smiling and goofing off, shopping together.

(~Sans' POV~)

She whines, "Oh my gosh...."  There was silence for a while.

I slowly pulled my hood back a bit. Y/N has her shaking hands over her face, with the note and drawing in her lap.

I mumble, "Y-You like it?" Y/N reveals her face, her tear-filled eyes looking up at the ceiling, "Of course I like it! I just-.." She laughs softly, wiping tears off her cheeks, "I absolutely suck at this whole girlfriend thing now. No gift I give you is ever going to compare to this! I can't believe you actually-.."

Y/N starts crying more and laughs, "Dang it, I told myself I wasn't going to cry. Take it away before I end up ruining it." She hands the stuff to me and focuses on calming herself down.

(~Your POV~)

'God- this is so embarrassing.'

Sans smirks and looks at it, "I knew it would've made you emotional. So I contemplated whether I should've added anime Undyne to the background to make you laugh. Decided against it last minute."

I tell him, still laughing, "Sans, it's so good the way it is! I love it! You make my drawn self look so beautiful in it. I feel so ugly now."

I never even looked in the mirror since yesterday, not with a black eye, several bruises, and pain covering every inch of my skin.

Sans leans over to me, "Hey, don't say that. You look good now and you'll look even better once everything heals. All ya gotta do is give it time."

I sigh, "Why the heck are you so perfect? I could just kiss you." "What's stopping you?" Sans teases.

I blush, saying, "Well, for starters, I'm crying." "I don't care." "Pff- Sans, come on."

I hesitate for a moment and sigh, "Yeah, fine. I'm not holding anything back." Sans gives me a wide grin, "Ya think you can handle my tongue this time?"

'OH MY GOD-'

My face heats up like a furnace and turns completely red as I roughly slap his shoulder. He lets out a chuckle and coaxes me to lay back on the couch with him on top, "You know you'll love it." My heart starts to race, looking up at him wide-eyed.

Sans leans down and claims his prize, kissing me. It started off soft and gentle, as it always had been. That was until Sans showed a little more passion, hungry for my affection.

All thoughts left me as I returned with my own longing for his touch. My soul is going nuts, I can feel it. For some reason, I have a slight feeling that his soul is doing the exact same thing too.

My knees felt weak and I heard small whines escape my throat as we continued. As the moment grew stronger, it feels like static electricity pulsing through my body, making me shudder. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

'I don't want to stop.'

A plate dropped in the kitchen and shattered, throwing both of us into shock and confusion. Sans broke the kiss and sat up, urgently looking towards the doorway. Papyrus is standing there, stunned. He freaks out and looks down at the broken plate, "OH MY GOSH! I apologize! I.. uhm-"

Sans' face turns completely blue, his pupils shrinking, "Bro, how long were you standing there?" Papyrus stutters, not moving, "N-Not for very long! I was going to ask Miss Y/N if she had seen the spatula anywhere."

I'm currently panicking internally, realizing that Sans and I might've gone a little too far.

'Our secret's out.'

Writer~San: Anddddd you're caught. XD Time to explain everything to innocent cinnamon roll Papyrus. ٩( )و

This chapter is a little late but I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway. Have a good morning, afternoon, or night!