Chapter 37- Moving Day

Writer~San: GONNA POST ALL THESE CHAPTERS EARLY! I obviously did not sleep! XD Have fun!
.
.

(~Your POV + Time Skip 2 Days~)

"Glad to know you're not dying." I tease as the daily nurse checks Madi's vitals. Madison scoffs, sitting up in bed, "I already told you, you can't get rid of me that easily."

Another nurse quickly steps in, "Ms. L/N, Ms. Shinpi, the press are here again. They want an interview with you. Would you like me to lock them out again?" Madison laughs and I nod, "Yes please, that would be helpful. Thank you."

Ever since the crisis with Atlas happened, the news has been trying to find out more about it through Madi and I. However, the mayor commented on the subject, only focusing on how a certain group of monsters broke the law and hurt an "defenseless" human.

'Atlas was not defenseless nor innocent. Not in the slightest.'

It makes me mad but Atlas is going to jail anyway so I can care less. There's no way we're going to speak to the press crews just so that they can twist our words. Both nurses nod and walk out, leaving us alone.

"So, I hear that you're going home today." Madi says, breaking the ice. I nod, "Yeah, all my test results came out okay. It's only some bruising so I'll be fine. Sorry about getting you shot though." I laugh awkwardly. "Hey, I'm your best friend. Of course I would get shot for you. . . Don't you dare make me do it again." Madi replies.

Thankfully the injury wasn't serious, the bullet removal procedure was a success too. The doctor got it all stitched up in no time. After being monitored and put on some medication for a little longer, Madison should be going home in a few days.

She sighs, "Wow, I can't believe you. You have two guys that fought over you. I can't have so much as one guy because you keep on stealing them."

'One, Atlas was insane. Two, shut up. Three, I can't help it if the unique guys are just drawn to me.'

I smirk, "Well~ I do happen to know an eligible bachelor." "PFFF- Please don't tell me that you're talking about Sans' brother." "AW COME ON MADISON! WE COULD BE SISTER-IN-LAWS IF IT WORKS OUT!" I squeal, laughing.

"Y/N, do you really think a hospital is the perfect time to try and set me up with someone?" Madi rolls her eyes, smiling.

I tilt my head, staring at her with a huge grin on my face, "You're the one who is desperate for guys." Madison blushes bright red, shrieking, "SHUT UP! I DIDN'T SAY THAT!"

I can't help but laugh, I've never seen her this flustered since she had that crush back in high school. Madi pouts and looks away from me, "If I'm going to date somebody, it'll be on my terms, not yours."

"Okay, okay, I understand." I reply, helping her chill out.

...

"You're finally moving out.." Madison mumbles, glancing at me. I respond, leaning back in my chair, "Yeah, moving in with Sans' side of the family. It's a secret location so I can't tell you yet."

Madison looks out the window, "That's fine. Promise me that you'll let me visit someday though. If you forget, I'll hire a private investigator to find you myself."

'Awww, she's gonna miss meeeee.'

I get up and go over to her bed, squeezing her in a hug. Madi squirms, "WhaT ThE HeCk Y/N?! YoU'RE GoINg TO mAKe me CRY!" I giggle, "Come on bestie, admit it. You don't know what you're going to do without me." "You're hurting my arm!" She screams.