Chapter 17- Should've Knocked

Writer~San: Hello! Got the chapter for today done! Yay =w= Enjoy.
.
.

(~Your POV + Time Skip Few Hours~)

"Why is this happening?" Pap asked me. He's sitting at the small table in the corner of the kitchen as I unload groceries. I take a deep breath in, "Some people are so convinced that everyone must live one way or the other. They judge others that don't follow their rules and then it escalates into this. Don't worry about it Pap-" "Are you going to leave?.."

. . .

I stop and turn to him, "I really don't want to Papyrus... But you know I can't hide here forever." Papyrus' pupils glow bright orange as he shouts, "I won't let them take you!"

'That's not how it works..'

I can tell Papyrus is getting emotional about it. He had his own brother taken away from him once.

I change the subject before things get too emotional, "Let's not worry about that right now. Are you cooking spaghetti for dinner? How about we cook together again?"

Papyrus looks away and sighs, "Human, could you go fetch my brother? He's been sleeping for a while. He won't be able to sleep the entire night, he slept so much this afternoon."

'I thought I heard him get up earlier? Did I hear something else?'

"I don't know Pap. Sans tired himself out today, so he just might." I assure Papyrus while walking out of the kitchen. I turn right and to the hall leading to the bedrooms.

'I think Sans' bedroom is this one.'

Without thinking further, I casually open the door. Sans is changing, his shirt over his head and his rib cage fully exposed. I can see a bright cyan soul hovering behind his ribs. It must be his.

'Am I staring?...'

My cheeks burn up from intense blush and my heart stops.

'OH GOD-'

Without a second thought, I slam the door in front of me. My mind is screaming at me.

'KNOCK Y/N! NEXT TIME... KNOCK!'

I freak out and run to the next room, which is the bathroom, and also slam that door behind me.

'GeEz.. WhAT tHe HECK?!'

It feels like my lungs have tightened up, my heart rate is at a rapid incline. I roughly run my fingers through my hair.

'ThAt.... was SO inconsiderate.'

I lean over the small counter with a built-in sink, not even daring to look up at the mirror. I take a deep breath and turn the sink knob. As cold water runs under the faucet, I cup my hands under it. After a moment, I splash the water on my face. I do this a few more times but I honestly can't tell if it's helping.

There's a small knock on the door. I already know it's Sans and my internal panic starts all over again.

'WELL AT LEAST HE KNOCKED!'

I scold myself. Now I'm in this situation and I feel like I could drop dead right here. "H-Hang on." I call out and turn the sink off. Then, I take one more deep breath and open the door.

Sans is standing there, fully dressed by the way, embarrassed as heck. Yet, he looks like he wants to bust out laughing too. Sans starts by mumbling, "So..." "I know! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" I squeal.

Sans then pulls out his notebook, trying his best not to laugh, "Yeah, I knew it was you. Even when he's mad, Pap never slams doors like that." I hold my hands over my face, apologizing again, "I'm sorryyy..."

"Um... Don't stress about it. I should've locked the door in the first place.." Sans looks away, breaking eye contact with me.

As if this situation wasn't embarrassing enough, Papyrus approaches, "Is everything alright? I see you got my brother up."

Sans smirks and looks to Papyrus, "Yeah, more or less.." I state to Sans, "We never speak of this again." "Agreed." He wrote that down pretty quick.

"Come on Sans. Y/N and I are cooking dinner and I want you to be included. It's better than lazing around your room all night." Papyrus picks him up, once again, holding him like a kid. I tease Sans, "Is this just a normal thing? Can I pick you up whenever?"

Sans gives me a glare of 'Why? Why do you do this to me?' which made me laugh. Papyrus brings him into the kitchen and I hesitantly follow behind.

(~Time Skip~)

'The spaghetti looks much better this time. Unless this is a master of disguise.'

I fix myself a plate of it, slightly worried. For all I know, Papyrus could've mixed something into the pot at the exact moments I wasn't looking. I decide to swallow my fear and just try it.

"Sans, I swear if you write 'Bone Appetit' I'm taking your book away." Papyrus warns. I look over, Pap is eating his food at the table while his brother is occupied with his book and marker. Sans finishes and flips his book around, smiling wide. There's a little cartoon drawing of a bone, followed by writing of the word "Appetit" in cartoon styles. Papyrus groans loudly, "NO! Curse your TERRIBLE puns!"

I couldn't stop myself from cracking up. The fun was over when Papyrus kept his word, taking Sans' book away and placing it on the opposite side of the table. I smile, "Aww, is Sans in a timeout?"

Sans shrugs, smiling back at me, "I have to deal with my PUNishment." We both bust out laughing while Papyrus has a mixed expression of shock and anger. I whine while still laughing, "Please stop though, I waNt to EaT My fOod."

Sans gestures that he zips his mouth closed. I lean onto the counter and spend the next moments eating my pasta in peace.

Writer~San: This chapter is a little on the shorter side but it's better than posting nothing at all. I hope you liked it. Lesson of the day, knock first lol.