Chapter 31- Family Night

(~Your POV~)

"HE WASN'T DEAD?! NOW THE LOVE TRIANGLE IS GONNA START ALL OVER AGAIN! NGAAHHH!! WE CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT SUMMER!" Undyne screams and stands up abruptly, popcorn spilling all over the place. We finished the last aired episode of the second season. There's one more season left but no doubt we'll watch through it in a flash.

Sans hardcore flinches in his sleep from Undyne screaming at the top of her lungs. I tighten my grip on him, "It's alright... Sorry about that.."

As time passed by today, his fever slowly came down. Like Alphys said earlier, it wasn't bad at all in the first place so we knew it wouldn't last longer than one or two days. Yet, he's sure taking his time in terms of waking up.

Alphys explains, "U-U-Undyne! I-It's okay..!! We s-still have s-s-season three left and season four w-w-will c-come out s-soon." Undyne is smiling wide, "It's series like this that I can't get enough of. It gets the blood pumping! It's amazing! Thanks for suggesting for us to watch it. You're the best, Alphys." She turns to her little skittish friend and firmly pats her on the head. Alphys' face turns completely red and that's when we all realized she completely broke mentally.

I couldn't help but laugh, it's really cute! Undyne teasingly smirked while picking her up. "U-U-UnDyNE!" Alphys squealed, getting even more embarrassed.

It grabbed my attention when Papyrus slowly snuck into the living room. I arch an eyebrow, calling out, "Papyrus?"

"NYeh?!" He flinched and then froze. I ask him, "What are you doing?" Undyne turns and sees him too, "Hey Papyrus! Did you enjoy your nap?"

Papyrus gets embarrassed at the question. He blushes a tint of orange and crosses his arms, pouting, "I did it and I hated it.." I smile at him, "Aww, come on Papy.. It's not that bad." "I get enough rest! I don't need to become lazy like my brother." He remarks.

'Just because you take one nap doesn't mean that you're lazy.'

The conversation is paused when a phone rings in the kitchen. Undyne tilts her head, "Not any of our ringtones. Y/N, is that your's?" I reply, "Um.. yeah, it might be mine. Pap, would you mind going get it for me?"

He's already in there, walking out of the kitchen and bringing it to me.

'That was fast.'

I thank him and grab my phone. It's a number I don't recognize. Normally, I would ignore it but the call's area code is familiar, so it's someone in my area.

'I didn't leave anything anywhere, did I? Someone I know got a new phone number? Wrong number call?'

"Well?! Aren't ya gonna answer it?!" Undyne asks with a slight tone of annoyance. "Sorry." I mumble before sitting up. For a second I completely forgot about Sans. However, he adjusted and continued to hang onto me with no problem. Kind of reminds me of a koala or sloth, which made me smile. I keep an arm around his back to support him.

'Ah, he's fine.'

I answer the call and hold my phone up to my ear, "Hello?"

[Hey, Y/N!]

I recognize the voice, "Atlas?"

Once I say that, Sans suddenly tenses up. He grabs tightly onto me and starts shaking again. His breathing becomes rough and strained. I immediately take action, silently petting his head to calm him down. It's really worrying, but after a moment, he calms down and leans on me again.

[Yeah, sorry for bothering you. Can I ask you something real quick?]

I'm still focused on Sans, keeping him chilled out. "Yeah?"

[Are you home?]

Undyne cheers, "COME ON PAPYRUS! We need more popcorn!!!"

[What was that?]

'Crap-'

I glare to Alphys, who immediately gets the message and ushers the two loudmouths into the kitchen.

[Y/N?]

I watch them while answering, "Sorry about that, I'm hanging out with some friends right now."

[Oh..... Well is Madison with you?]

"No, you need her?"

[Yeah, I was wondering if you knew where she was. You two live together, right?]

"Yeah." I can't tell him that I've been here.

[She hasn't shown up to work for a few days. I tried calling her several times but she hasn't answered. Did something happen?]

'What?........'

[So, have you seen her?]

I look down, saying softly, "No, I haven't been home for a while. We had a small disagreement and I've forgotten to contact her since then."

[Maybe tomorrow you can meet up with me and we can go check on the house? I really want to make sure she's okay.]

"I-.."

'You can't leave the house.'

I shut my mouth. Why does it have to be like this?! If I tell him yes, I'm going to have to disobey Sans again and cause even more trouble. If I say no, it could be that Madison is hurt and needs help.

'It's not like her to go and disappear without telling someone.'

"Atlas, wait another day or two. I'll try calling her too. It could be that she's sick or not in the mood right now. If there's still no response, we'll go together when I'm back in town."

[Okay.... I'll call you again soon then.]

His tone was low, obviously disappointed. Without saying another word, the call hung up.

I look down at my phone, processing everything. It was only until a little while later that a question pops into my mind. I silently ask myself, muttering, "When did I give him my number?"

Alphys walks over, "Who w-w-was that? W-Was i-it i-important?" "A little... Just my friend.." I mumble, still confused. I turn to her and smirk, "Don't worry about it. I'm sure everything will sort itself out."

Undyne walks in, smiling and messing with Papyrus. Papyrus is back in a cheerful mood, helping her carry several large bowls of popcorn.

'Thank god, I think the kitchen is okay.'

Undyne cheers, spawning a blue spear in her hand like she's ready for battle, "Onto season 3!!!" Papyrus joins her, "YEAH!!! Wait, what are we watching?"

I smile, "Don't worry Pap. There's always a super long intro to new seasons that explains absolutely everything that you missed." I scoot back and let Papyrus sit on the other end of the couch with me. Undyne leaps onto the other couch and Alphys nervously joins her.

I look around, feeling absolutely grateful for this family I've kinda been adopted into. I also feel bad that Miss Toriel isn't here. I would die to have another one of her pies right around now.

I look down, Sans is still pretty content, even when sleeping sitting up. I gently nuzzle my head against his.

'Wish you were up to see this... Get better soon...'