Chapter 15

Devyn's POV

"Don't go, not again" Jack croaks,

I hold him tighter and shake my head, "Never"

~~~

"How did you know I'd find the note..?"He asks,

"I didn't..." I breathed, looking down,

His hand lifted and gently cupped my cheek, raising my head up to look at him. Jack had a smile on his face, it filled my heart again,

"Well, I'm glad you put it there..." He took a deep breath in and locked our eyes, "...Seeing you lying there, hearing the gunshot...it broke me in a way I never knew I could be broken, the thought that I'd never see you smile, laugh or talk again..."

Tears filled his eyes as he spoke, his voice breaking,

I shuffled closer to him, wrapping my legs around his waist from where we were sat on the bed and placed my hands on his face,

"I'm sorry..I didn't realise the bullet would knock me out like it did...but you'll never have to go through that again" I smile,

"But he's still out there..the bullet in his shoulder wasn't enough to kill him" Jack sighs,

I laugh a little and look away a little, "No..he's dead"

"What?..wait did you...?"Jack chuckles in shock,

I look back up at him, his eyes blown wide with shock and maybe even...lust?

"One bullet to the skull and one to the chest. He's dead" I smirk,

Jack's mouth drops open and all the blood rushes to my cheeks, his hands move to grip at my waist and pull me closer to him, my hands slide around his neck from his face,

"Fuck...you really are..something." He purred,

I smirk and bite my lip, his grip tightens on me as my hands slide up into his hair, pulling him closer; pressing light kisses along his jaw. His breath coming out in short pants. Carefully I started to bite and nip at the skin, moving up to his ear I get close and lower my voice, whispering, "And did you know that's not the first time I've killed someone"

Jack groans and suddenly I'm flipped over onto my back, his body pinning me down, gentle pressure on my throat from his hand; a moan slipped from my lips,

"You....Devyn...fuck"He groans,

"yes?" I breathe,

"Mhm..wh-where did this side of you come from, eh?" He grins,

A smirk slides its way onto my lips and I glide my hands down from his hair to his back, using my nails, the pressure on my throat releases and then tenses again, my back arches slightly, "Ah..Jack..." I gasp, "...It's always been there...it just needed to be brought out"

"well..." Jack smirked as his hand released my throat to slide down my chest, stomach to stop above the lines of my jeans, "... let's see what else we can bring out in you"

I gasp as his fingers quickly undo my jeans and slide across the skin now exposed, my hands moving to start fumbling at the buttons of his shirt. His chest moving quicker which each button, I smirk as I grab each side of the shirt to rip it off and down his shoulders, pulling myself to sit up at the same time, however, his hand slides down further at the movement and I moan, falling against his chest.

"Doll..." Jack moans,

He slides a hand up my back and cups the back of my neck to pull my head back. Latching onto my lips I whimper as his hand moves away to slide the jacket off, discarding it. Slowly his fingers danced under my top finally breaking from my lips to remove it. He stares at me for a moment, a smile on his lips, his eyes locked with mine and I know that at this moment, there was only us in the world, nothing else mattered.

He moved and kissed my lips, one of his hands in my hair, holding a firm grip, another on my hip. Laying me back down gently, his lips move to my cheek, pressing a gentle kiss; then my jaw, rougher this time; my throat next, a kiss and a bite, I moan and he groans as the vibration runs through his lips from where there pressed against my throat. Leaving a trail of kisses, bites and suck marks he unclips my bra removing it and I gasp as the cold air hits me, biting my lip, watching him through hooded eyes.

His mouth kisses and sucks at my chest, taking care of the other breast with his hand. Breaking breifly to swap, my breath coming out in stages, my back slowly arching. When he lifts his head I groan from the lack of touch, "Shh doll..." he growls, a smirk playing on his lips,

Placing a finger on my lips he leans forward to kiss my neck once more, his finger drags down my chest at an agonizing pace. His mouth moving to my ear, "I want to hear you..."

His finger stops at the waistband of my underwear, "I want to hear you beg, moaning out my name..."

"Please" I pant,

"What was that?" He asks, his teeth nipping at my ear,

"Ah! Please!"I gasp,

My hands fly up to his shoulders, digging my nails into his shoulder blades. His fingers slipping under the waistband as my breathing quickens, goosebumps forming on my skin,

"Devyn..."He hums,

"Jack..."

I feel his smirk against the skin on my neck and I shiver, arousal filling my body more. His fingers glide over my clit and I moan, my hips shuddering,

"Look at you sweetheart..." His finger moves and my nails grip harder, "..ugh..so beautiful..."

A finger slowly moves down further as his teeth nip at my throat. His finger stops at my entrance, rubbing slightly against it,

"Let me hear you darlin..."

"Please...please"I pant,

He grins against me, his tongue licking up my neck as his finger pushes inside. I gasp and my back arches,

"Jack!!"

~~~

Millie's POV

I reach the navy double-doors with their plastic band fastened midway and their dull chrome handles. I pull my eyes from the highly polished linoleum floor to catch a glimpse of the hallway that stretches beyond, cut into tiny squares by the thin wire in the window panels. Without pause, I push with my body weight, but I needn't have, it swings open soundlessly and with ease. A draft of air hits my face, warm and with a tincture of bleach. Ahead of me lie magnolia walls, decorated with old black and white photographs of hospital staff- most likely either deceased or rocking their nineties in some retirement home. I could fit at least two of me with arms outstretched across its width. Instead of straight walls, the hallway has a curve, disappearing from sight in a hundred meters or so. Every few seconds I pass a different set of doors with a hand-sanitiser dispenser: to oncology, to geriatrics, to maternity. I bypass them all heading for the morgue because that's where he is.