Chapter Fifteen

I decided to knock this time instead of barging in because this time I am unannounced. The knocking noise echoes through my ear twice as my fist connects with the glass door. I can hear a groan and shuffling around the room before the door swings open and I met with a very grouchy Landon, "Charlie-Rose?" his eyebrows bunch together.

I wave the Essen bag in front of him, "I brought dinner," I smile at him as he steps out of the way letting me in.

"So, you do know how to knock," I let out a dry laugh and roll my eyes.

"I decided to knock since I came unannounced," I place the bag of food down on his desk.

Two massive hands meet my waist pulling me against a muscular build, "You don't have to knock at all unless you hear other voices in the room, then you knock," he brushes my hair to one side of my shoulder and kisses the exposed part of my neck, "You brought me dinner?" he as kissing the back of my ear.

"Mhm," I hum and lean back into his touch. His touch has become a drug to me I crave it. How can a man I've only known for almost two weeks become so addicted? "I didn't know what you liked, and I've never eaten at Essen so you have two options because I picked two things I would eat," he rests his head on my shoulder.

"Whatever you don't want I'll eat, I'm not fussy," he kisses my shoulder.

I know if someone were to walk in right now, they would think we were a couple but in reality, we aren't, we're just fuck buddies who spend a lot of time together who take each other out to work lunch, who bring dinner to them if they're working late... Fuck me I'm acting like we are together. My heart wants to be more with him and my heart aches just to call him mine, but I know in my head that will never happen, he doesn't do relationships which breaks my heart.

Landon can feel the change in my mood and turns me around to face him, "Something on your mind?" he asks cupping my face to look at him.

I shrug looking at him plastering a smile on my face, "No I'm all good," I kiss him softly, "Just got lost in thought for a second," I kiss him again, "Now do you feel like chicken or beef?" I ask turning back around to the bag and pulling out the two burgers.

"I told you whatever you don't want I'll have," he grabs a chip from the brown cardboard box.

I look between the two burgers, "You okay with beef?" I look up at him and he smiles and nods.

"Beef is fine," Landon kisses my shoulder and takes the burger out of my hand, "Are you going back to your apartment after dinner?" he asks me, and I shake my head.

"No, I was thinking of staying and keeping you company. I have some work to do as well since they've given me a new client. I have to draw up some designs," I pat my bag with my laptop in it.

"You have another client? When did this happen?"

"This morning, Stacy informed me that a lady has asked for one of the best designers to design her some outfit for her family for an upcoming wedding. And well they recommended me, however, I am still finishing off your outfits you have requested," I reassure him, "I only accepted it is because the wedding isn't for four months and plus, I'm almost finished with your suit by the way. Oh, I need you to bring your date and yourself in on Wednesday for a fitting to see if I need to loosen or tighten the suit or dress," I ramble on about my plans, "Oh sorry," I apologies realising I was acting if we were together telling him about my plans and my day.

"Why are you apologising I like listening to talk about your day and just hearing you ramble it's relaxing," he gives me a toothy smile making my stomach burst with butterflies, "And yes, I'll be there Wednesday, what time?" he grabs his pen and a sticky note.