Chapter 26

Tweek POV:

That's it, I guess...

Craig and I stand on opposite sides of the bed, silent, packing up our clothes, and toiletries, and stuff. The silence makes me a bit nervous. Why is he so quiet? Did I do something wrong? Think Tweek...what did we do last night? After the beach we...we...

......

WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!! How am I supposed to start a conversation? Do I even have to? Why do I keep getting worked up over something stupid?

I look down at the shirt I'm folding and clench my fists. The shirt wrinkles in my hands and the frustration starts to kick in. I try to refold it but at this point my focus is gone.

"Here."

I hear a calm voice from behind me. Before I can look back, two arms come from behind, going under my own arms and folding the shirt for me. I look up and see Craig's default frown face above me. Craig folds the shirt and places it down. He then turns me around to face him.

"Are you okay?" He puts his hands on my cheeks.

"Y-yeah..."

Craig frowns. "No you aren't, what's wrong?"

"I just- I just don't know...I don't know!"

"Hm..."

My eyes travel all around the room, avoiding eye contact with the boy in front of me. "I-I..."

"Are you worried about going home?"

I put my hands on my face and collapse onto the bed, specifically on my unfolded pile of clothes. Craig takes a seat next to my limp, pretending to be dead body. I groan.

Craig chuckles. "Over dramatic much?"

I look up at him. "You said it yourself, I'm a theater kid after all."

He positions himself so that he has a hand on one of my arms and is looking at me with a sweet smile on his face. "I want to sing with you again," he whispers.

I go still. I need to make sure I heard that right. He wants to sing with me? Again? Wow, I assumed he wouldn't be interested in that type of stuff.

Craig jumps a little in excitement. "Oh, I almost forgot!"

I sit up and tilt my head with a little confused look. "What?"

"Apparently there were winners of the talent show. Well, it is a talent show so I'm not that surprised, I was just a little startled when I found out..."

"W-why?" I ask.

Craig hesitates for a moment. "We uh- we won best couples act..."

I get taken back by that. "O-oh."

Craig looks down, then back up, then down again. "Yeah...Well, at least we make a good team."

"We do, don't we?"

"Mhm," he nods. Craig puts his hand on top of mine. "Seriously."

I pull my hand out from under his. "We have to finish...packing..." I stand up.

"Oh, right." He does the same and goes back to his suitcase.

The sky isn't quite blue yet and a white light shines through the small crack in between the not fully closed curtains. Cloudy? No, not really. You know when the Sun just rises in the morning and it isn't fully up yet. Or maybe clouds are covering it. I don't know, I barely pay attention in science class. Anyways, it leaves a straight line of light that shines over the middle of the horizontal side of the bed. We woke up at 5am because our plane ride is so early. It is a very long plane ride though, because of the distance and all. We also don't even have an air port near South Park. Token's car is in the free parking garage on top of the airport. It takes about an hour to get from the airport, back to South Park. Let's just say, I have a long day ahead of me.