Chapter 6

Kenny POV:

Fuck.

I sloppily pick myself up from off the ground. Before I even think about running after Butters, I have to take a moment to just...ya' know...figure out what the actual fuck just happened.

I sigh. "Heh..."

Heh indeed. I know what you guys are thinking and yeah, I get it. Before you jump to conclusions though, I didn't intend for that to happen. Maybe I'm overreacting but that was kind of nerve racking. Now I may be stupid but I am not an idiot...Well- uh actually, that's debatable BUT I am smart enough to tell that that was hella' suspicious. I need to stop saying that and get to the damn point.

I like him. Like, like like him.

God, that sounded just as cheesy if not more in my head as it would've sounded out loud. I have to be honest, I'm a really straightforward guy. I don't like to dwindle too much on things like feelings and bull crap. If ya' know, ya' know, right? I'm not going to ignore what I'm feeling and bottle it up. All that emo bullshit that the other guys are pulling in their point of views, well that's just not me. That said, I don't force others into straightforwardness either. If they want to share how they are feeling then good on them but if they don't, I won't bug them to. So...I guess someone is gonna have to play the waiting game. Me that is...not you, the reader. Don't worry, I'm not going to keep you held captive here against your will until you get to see your favorite ship play out.

Well, I guess I can't say the say the same for the author.

Anyways, let's just put my thoughts aside for now and get back to the story...

I finally decide to get off my ass metaphorically and chase Butters down. Not in a creepy way, I honestly just don't know where the bar is. All those years of helping Stan practice sports has payed off quite well and I manage to catch up with him very quickly.

"Hey dude, wait up!" I holler, grabbing his arm.

Butters look back at me. "Sorry, I just don't want to keep them waiting."

Suddenly my throat goes dry as if I ran out of things to say. I kind of just stand there, my grip on his arm becoming tighter. My heart starts doing that thing, ya' know, when it beats like super fast.

"Are you alright, Ken?"

I let go of his arm. "Huh?" I take step back. "Y-yeah...Say Butters, do you want to go somewhere with me after we eat?"

He looks at me, confused for a moment but then smiles and turns his gaze to the ocean. "I don't really know...Why, do you want to go somewhere specific?" He asks.

I look out to the ocean as well. "Well not particularly. I just thought that maybe we could hang out..."

"But Kenny, haven't we been doing that all day?" He turns to look back at me.

I scratch my head. "I uh- I guess but-"

He giggles. "I'm just playin' you, of I'd love to hang out with you after lunch."

I smile. "I guess we should probably go meet up with the guys now, huh?"

"I guess we should."