Chpter 13

Tweek POV:

I can't lie...THE HAUNTED HOUSE WAS SO MUCH FUN! It was so funny watching Craig get scared. Who would have thought the guy was such a big baby? The mirror maze, though...he's smart, I'll give him that. It's sunset now and everything is lit up. I guess anyone would think it's beautiful.

Craig and I have been doing what any normal person would call sight seeing. It's weird calling it sight seeing because we aren't anywhere fancy, but we are "seeing the sights," I guess. I need to ask myself something...Why am I with him? I could have just as easily followed one of the other guys. I don't understand why I've decided to stick around him. Is it because he offered to be my friend?

Ha- a friend...

"Tweeeeek.~"

I avoid eye contact and keep my eyes on the lights. "Hm?"

"Do ya wanna maybe go on the Ferris wheel?" He says, sounding somewhat nervous.

Don't give into it, keep your distance.

"Hm...no thanks."

"Okay..." I can hear the sheer pain in his voice.

Would the Ferris wheel really be that bad? I glance at the ginormous wheel in the distance. What a sight! It's probably the thing that stands out most in the whole fair, given the height and all.

I sigh. "I-um...I'm k-kinda scared of heights." I turn my head to Craig, who has his hands in his pocket.

He peers over at me with a shocked expression. "O-oh! I promise it's not gonna be scary."

"Hmmm...are you sure?"

God, he looks like an overly excited toddler.

"Yeah, I promise!"

I give it some though then nod my head. "Okay, l-let's go."

Craig and I walk over to the Ferris wheel line. I sigh. It's another long one. Well, we've got nothing but time, I guess. Looking up at the attraction is like looking at an alien spacecraft. It shines so brightly compared to everything else, kind of like a portal to another world or something. It's high though...really high.

"Ya look nervous, Twitchy."

"Huh?" I turn my head to Craig, whose hands are still in his pockets. "W-who you calling Twitchy?!"

"You." He doesn't make eye contact with me.

"I told you, I'm scared of heights..." I look down.

This grabs his attention. "And I told you not to worry."

"Ugh..." I roll my eyes. Sometimes it pisses me off, how calm he is. "I can't help it, okay?!"

"Tweek...even if you fall-"

"GAH-"

"-which you won't! But I'll always be there to catch you."

I make eye contact with him for a second, then quickly look back down. Just then, the two of us are being pushed onto the ride.