Chapter 16

Kenny POV:

"Hey, wait up." I sigh and run after Kyle.

After catching up with him, I can get a good look at his face. Kyle's face looks pissed. He continues to walk, going faster and faster to try and get away from me.

Hell no, you don't.

I jump out in front of him and frown. "Cut it out!"

Kyle stop, almost losing his balance. "Why did you follow me? I don't need Stan's bestie giving excuses for him!"

"Okay, hold on! I'm not his best friend." I point to him. "That award goes to you, Kyle."

He sighs and looks down. "We don't really talk like friends anymore...You seem closer to him."

"Come to think of it, who is my best friend? Is it Eric? It's probably Eric. Wait, why isn't Eric here?"

=_= "Why would Token invite Cartman? He hates him."

I nod. "Fair point, that makes sense."

"Anyways, I don't feel like talking..."

"To Stan."

He raises an eyebrow. "What?"

"You don't feel like talking to Stan." I shrug. "I know you want to talk to somebody, don't give me that bullshit."

Kyle stops and turns to face me. "I'm terrified..."

"Huh?"

"I don't want to break up with Stan!"

I tilt my head. "Who says you have to?"

The boy in front of me groans. "I don't know why I keep pushing him away, though! I don't want too!"

I pat his shoulder. "I really just think you need to talk to him."

Kyle smiles a bit and nods. "You're right, thank you Kenny."

"Anytime!" I give him the finger guns and pat his back. "Go get em' tiger!"

"Pfft, okay!" He runs off with a determined look in his eyes.

Kyle and Stan have always been best friends. They've fought a lot and have always made up, so this is nothing! Next to Kyle, Stan looks like an idiot, maybe even Clyde level of idiot... Even though Stan is a dumbass sometimes, Kyle shouldn't be lashing out. I just hope this vacation is a good thing...

I start walking around and find myself bumping into Butters, who had most likely been talking to Stan.

"Oh hamburgers! Uh sorry Kenny." He puts one hand behind his head and smiles. "How's Kyle?"

"He's about to talk to Stan. Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah...Can we talk?" He has a worried look in his eyes.

"Oh, yeah sure."

Butters drags me out to an area on the beach, far away from the party. He holds my hand the whole walk there but it's different this time. I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen. Butters and I stop walking when we can see that the party is far enough away. I guess he wanted to go somewhere quiet. The moon is reflecting off of the ocean just right and the view of the stars are so clear. Butters lets go of my hand.