Chapter 10

Butters POV:

I'm kissing him.

Oh my god, I'm kissing him! No, I can't do this. I'll get in trouble. I let go of my grip on his shirt and take a few steps back, my hands defensively raised up in front of me. Kenny looks at me, totally shocked but...he doesn't look mad.

I start to panic. "I-I'm sorry Ken, I don't know what that was. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm-"

"BUTTERS!"

My whole body freezes as my heart beats like crazy and my mouth locks shut. Why did I do that? Why did I do that?

Kenny puts a hand up to his chest and stays like that for a moment, his eyes closed. He then takes a deep breath and walks over to me. My mussels tighten even more as he gets closer. I finally jerk my head up so that I can look at his face and am met with a smile. Wait, was I actually right? Does he like me? My heart beats faster.

Kenny grabs my shoulders and looks me in the eyes. "I fucking adore you."

My cheeks start to burn as if I had a fever. "Oh my," I say. "W-well- I uh...I really was not expecting that."

Then it goes quiet as we just stare at each other, Kenny's hands still clutching my shoulders. One of our phones buzz and we jump. Kenny let's go of me and we both take a big awkward step back, away from each other. I look at Kenny's face and start to feel a buzz of excitement kick in when I see that his cheeks are as red as mine. He's eyes are focused on trying not to look at me.

I start to smile all giddily but also turn my head away so that Kenny doesn't see. "You adore me?" I ask, flattered and a little too prideful.

He scratches his head. "Well, I only just figured that out today but yeah...I guess so."

Just today? Wow, he really doesn't take much time to think about things, does he? I still can't really describe how happy I am right now. Well, I guess happy and scared. I'm like nervous happy. I have to keep my composure and not ruin this. I know I mess up a lot but this better not be something I mess up. This is...a good thing.

"If you don't feel the same way that's cool," he says. "J-just please don't let that ruin our friendship or anything. I like what we have already and I just-"

"Kenny, I kissed you," I mention.

"Oh yeah, you did do that, huh?" He nods. "Well, I guess now we have to do something about that."

I nod back in agreement. "Mhm, we both do indeed like each other."

"I say we flip a coin," Kenny proposes.

I giggle and walk over to him, my nerves finally giving up. "Okay but I want to choose what each side is."

He takes out a penny from his pocket, throwing it up in the air once and then catching it. "Fair enough, what are you thinking?"

"I think if it lands on heads then we should try and explore this."

He smiles. "And what is this 'this' that you are speaking of?"

"Our feelings," I reply.

"What if it lands on tails?" He asks.

I sigh. "Then we...we just stay friends."

Kenny's smile fades and he looks up. "So we're leaving it up to fate?"

"Basically."

"Okay," he says. "Let's do it."

I nod. "Will you do the honors?"

"Gladly," he answers, using his thumb to flip the coin up into the air.

I start to sweat. Leaving something like this in the hands of fate is terrifying. I don't even know why I'm letting a penny decide if my feelings are valid. I don't normally bother people with what I want because I hate being a nuisance but right now, I do want something. I have been wanting this for years. Fate or not, I still want to be with him.

I watch as Kenny catches the coin and does that thing where you smack the coin on top of your other hand (Do I really need to explain coin flipping to to you?). I close my eyes and so does Kenny as he slowly takes his hand off of the coin. We reluctantly open our eyes to see the result:

Tails.

We stare at the penny for a few seconds in both disbelief and disappointment. I then look up at Kenny's face. He looks genuinely sad. With just that tiny bit of motivation, I take the coin and turn it around so that Abraham Lincoln is now sadly peering up at Kenny and I, the two homosexual teenagers. I look back at Kenny's face and he is now grinning. Our eyes meet and I grin back at him.

"Fuck fate," Kenny whispers.

"Yeah, stupid fate!" I yell. "We can make our own decisions.

"Okay, okay, so are you positive you actually wanna do this? It's not too late to back out," he explains.

I assure him, "I want to be a better love story than Twilight with you."

"Everything is a better love story than Twilight."

"Awe, I guess you've got a point there..." I sigh. "I guess we'll just have to be a better love story than...uh...do you know any other love stories?"

Kenny thinks for a moment. "Romeo and Juliet?"

I shake my head. "Nah, they die at the end."

"What about those cars from the movie Cars?"

"Cars isn't a love story," I explain. "It's a lesson about humility and integrity, racial injustice!"

"How Harry Met Sally?"

I smack my palm with my fist. "Ooo, I like that one!"

"I think you just like rom-coms," he testifies.

I sigh again. "Gosh darn it. You're right, I do like rom-coms."

"That's okay, I don't mind them. We can watch all the rom-coms you want!"

"I'd like that," I blurt out. "Oh boy, I don't think I've ever been this excited!"

"I am too but...excitement is a good thing," he proclaims.

I smile. "It is," I say. "Oh, uh can we get off of this roof now? The height sure is making me nervous."

"Shit, right." He says, grabbing  ahold of my hand to drag me all the way back to where the lobby of the hotel is.

"You sure like to run..."

Kenny turns his head to look at me. "Hm? Oh yeah, I find it gets me to places quicker."

No shit.

"You don't say?" I reply.

[CHAPTER TEN END]