On Hold

Amelia's POV- March 2020
A/N: There are three time jumps in this chapter!

I was in the process of removing my license plate US map when I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in" I called out.

The door to my classroom opened and I glanced over to see Jensen stepping in.

"Hey" I greeted as I climbed down the ladder steps.

I crossed the room with the sign and placed it on my desk,

"Uh, Derek told me to ask you for a ride"

"Have a seat" I told him.

I continued gathering what I needed in case there was a shift to online learning. 

"Do you need help?"

"Not right now, but I will" I answered.

We both turned when we heard the classroom door open. 

"Derek wants us to ride with you and Missy"

Okay,

"I take it you haven't checked your phone?"

"I have not" I confirmed.

Myka nodded,

"Do you need help?"

"Not yet" I replied.

I gestured at the desks,

"Take a seat" I told them.

As I stacked folders into my pull crate, I heard her ask Jensen.

"How'd you do on the Calculus test?"

To which he replied,

"I got a 91"

Nice.

"See? You were worried for nothing"

Jensen seemed to ignore the praise and asked,

"What'd you get?"

She answered,

"An 89"

I reached for my phone and began to read the message thread. So I was to drop Myka and James off at their dad's and Jensen would be staying with us, taking Alex and Jon's old room. Apparently, Alex and Jon would be staying with mom and dad for the time being. It made sense to make a first responder house since they were the ones most exposed. This plan was well thought off, and that was due to the fact that they had all been tracking the virus's trajectory.

"Do you two happen to know where James is at?" I asked.

Myka replied,

"He's helping Missy"

It took a couple of trips, but we loaded the car with all our belongings. The district claimed it would be a two-week break, but no one was buying it. After I dropped Myka and James off, we went to our parent's house so Jensen could pack up his suitcase. Thankfully, Theo and Rosie were licensed to foster so him staying with us would be no problem. A trip to the grocery store just proved that people were starting to panic buy. For some reason, toilet paper was an item in demand. Thankfully, we had a water filter, a couple of stacks of water bottles, and a necessary amount of TP at home. 

Hours later, we finally made our way home. I showered and while I ate, I decided to call Gavin back. 

"Hey" I greeted.

He too looked tired,

"Sorry I took forever in getting back to you," I said.

He shook his head,