The Family Grows

Amelia's POV- Christmas Eve 2021
I stepped out of Jensen's room and walked down the hallway that led to the living room, where I found dad leaning against the doorway. He did not seem to notice me since his attention was on everyone who was gathered in the living room and dining area, so I cleared my throat to get his attention. I stepped closer to him and hugged his waist when I noticed his eyes were glossy.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm just really emotional over having all my children home for the holidays"

He gave me a squeeze and kissed my forehead before rubbing my back as I continued to embrace him.

"You're all grown up"

His eyes fell to a fidgety Alex who was sitting next to an oblivious Missy. 

"Is everything ready?"

"Yeah" I answered.

Someone was getting proposed to today, and that someone was Missy.

"You got yourself a great man, Sassy"

My eyes fell to Gavin who was seated next to Missy. He took the cranberry margarita from Rosie and took a sip of it. Both dad and I laughed at his expense as his eyes squinted due to how strong the drink was. 

"He's got my blessing if he ever decides to ask"

I looked up at my father to find him grinning down at me.

"Dad" I complained.

He chuckled and shrugged,

"There's no hurry, he's already a part of the family"

I squeezed his waist before stepping back.

"You're getting all sentimental. They're going to notice, so let's get you a drink"

We made our way over, and I took my seat next to Gavin who was halfway through his margarita.

"Enjoying yourself?" I asked.

He nodded and popped a cranberry into his mouth.

"I could use a nap"

He had definitely earned it since he had insisted on helping with food prep. 

"Finish your drink and we'll step away. I got papers I need to grade" I told him.

He immediately pouted earning a laugh from me. I shifted and took a hold of his face.

"My love, either I do it now or I do it during our getaway" I stated.

We'd be welcoming the New Year in Santa Barbara. Just us two.

"Let me get you a glass of wine to hold you down"

He pressed a kiss to my temple before standing up. As he filled a glass with wine, I got up and walked over to my backpack to get the folders of papers I needed to look over.

The 'semester' had finished and grades had been submitted, but I taught AP which meant that my students would remain the same until the end of the school year. They all received full credit, it was more of a way to know where they fell in readiness for the exam come May. 

"Where are you two going?"

I glanced over my shoulder to find Will looking at Gavin and I's retreating figure.

"Jensen's room" I answered.

His room was furthest from the living room, which meant it was the furthest from the noise.

"Is he in there?"

I nodded at Gio's question.

"Yeah, he's working on a paper for a scholarship" I replied.