A Little Stitious

Amelia's POV- October 2020
I pinched the bridge of my nose as I looked at the midterm results of my first class of the morning. The school had switched to a 4X4 schedule which meant the school day had 4 periods that ran throughout the day, each class lasting nearly 2 hours.

"Are you serious?" I mumbled. 

"Something wrong?"

I glanced at Gavin and pursed my lips,

"Yeah" I answered.

The results for some of my students had been flagged. 

"Three of my students got a perfect score, yet they took 10 minutes to complete it" I noted as I turned the screen so he could see what had me so worked out.

He looked at the screen and cocked his head.

"To complete a 40 question exam?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  II I grimaced as I reached for the syrup.

"Didn't you make it open book?"

I had.

"Four got flagged though, not three"

A student that normally did well had gotten a C- on the exam. It was hard not to fill in the blanks here. 

"What are you thinking about doing?"

I glanced up when I heard,

"Don't forget your eyeliner"

Chris had mentioned to Mookie that during my hockey days, specifically during elimination games, I would sport winged eyeliner and the odds had been in my favor. The tradition had been started during the NLCS when the Dodgers were down 3-1 in the series. It continued on without my knowledge, and I chose not to sport a winged eyeliner for Game 2 of the World Series. We all know the result of that game. I had been rushing before Game 4, and completely forgot to grab my eyeliner. 

"I won't" I assured Alex Wood.

I offered him and his wife, Suzanna a smile before looking at Gavin.

"You could give them different essay prompts"

"Yeah, I think I'm going to do that" I mumbled.

"Let me guess, that one student that's given you trouble since the beginning of the semester is a part of it"

"She is" I confirmed.

The leader of the group had a troubled past and loved to pick on her classmates. She tried to pick on Jensen when he first transferred there, but Myka put a stop to it.

"She wasn't originally your student"

She was not,

"No, Ryan asked me to take her," I told him.

Greg 'retired' abandoning me a year before he said he would. His replacement, Ryan seemed good but he was not strict at all.

"Have you been able to get a hold of her parents?"

I shook my head,

"Jamie told me that the dad is out of the picture and mom works long hours. He's trying to get a hold of her because I'm not the only teacher the student is giving trouble to" I said.