Family

Amelia's POV- March 2021
"Sass"

I glanced up to see Carter gesturing for me to go over. With a nod in his direction, I placed my hand on Gavin's thigh before pushing my chair back and standing back.

"Duty calls" I told him as he glanced up at me.

He nodded and smiled when I squeezed his shoulder before gently tapping Val's, Missy's and my three sister in law's shoulder as I made my way over to Carter.

"For you"

I took the microphone and cleared my throat.

"Hello" I greeted.

I waited for the chatter to die down,

"It is time for the first dances" I stated.

I smiled,

"James, will you come up here?" I asked.

He glanced at Andrea before standing up. Carter grabbed a chair and gestured a confused James to take a seat. Once he was seated, his attention turned to the projector screen as a light flashed on it. His eyes widened when his mom appeared on the screen,

"Hello, is this thing on?"

She stared straight ahead before smiling,

"James, James, James"

She said while shaking her head,

"If you're watching this, it's because you finally grew the balls and married Andrea"

A small smile formed on James' face,

"Unfortunately, I am no longer there with you so I cannot be a part of the mother-son dance"

She smiled,

"But, we can still make this work"

James' face scrunched up as Jim Brickman's, Never Alone began to be sung by Rosie. 

"Andrea has three sisters, and four sisters-in-laws"

He looked up at Valeria with wide glossed eyes as she placed her hand on his shoulder and offered him her hand.

"Rosa is a bit busy at the moment, but Amelia, Alejandra, Melissa, Valeria, and Veronica. May you do the honor of dancing this song with my son?"

I glanced around to see that everyone had glossed up eyes. I smiled and blinked a couple of times as I clapped as Val got James up. After 20 seconds or so, Missy made her way over. 

"Andrea, take care of my babyboy"

On cue, Missy cut in to dance with James. 

"Do you really have to head back tonight?"

I looked at Aly, Tommy's wife.

"Yeah, Gavin has practice tomorrow morning" I answered.

She pouted,

"That explains why he keeps nursing that beer"

I smiled,

"Yeah" I slowly replied.

"He's a cutie, incredibly shy"

I laughed and squeezed her shoulder,

"Just like you were when you met all of us at once, he's nervous" I stated.

"Everyone welcomed him like they welcomed me, with open arms"

That they did,

"If you ladies will excuse me" I said before walking over to James and Missy.