Valeria

October 2021- Amelia's POV
"No, don't go. Call in sick"

I laughed as Gavin attempted to keep me from getting out of bed by peppering my jaw with kisses. His body hovered over mine, his arms caging me under him. My eyes fluttered closed as his mouth traveled from his jaw down my neck.

"I can do the thing you like"

As much as I was enjoying this, I managed to get him to stop ravaging my neck and shoulder by tilting my head and took a hold of his face. A visible pout formed on his handsome face as I looked up at him. He frowned knowing he was not going to get his way the second I pinched both his cheeks.

"As much as I would love for you to do that thing. I'm going to have to say no. I have to be there to administer the exam" I informed him.

I smiled and let go of his face as he groaned and let all of his weight on me. 

"I thought that was next week?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and shook my head as I placed a kiss to his temple.

"Nope, it is today" I stated.

I smiled as I ran my hand up and down his back attempting to 'soothe' him. Today's midterm consisted on 50 multiple choice questions and two short responses. The multiple choice part of the exam would be graded today using the test scoring machine at the school after school, but the short responses would require more time to grade. 

"I'll grade them this weekend," I told him.

He groaned once more like the dramatic person he was.

"You're going to ignore me all weekend"

Okay, so maybe I did ignore him a bit, but it was only because it was a lot of grading.

"You said you'd paint the guest bedrooms" I mentioned.

He grunted.

"How dare you use my own words against me"

I pressed a kiss to his temple once more and smiled at him as he lifted his head and puckered his lips to which I gladly accepted his kiss. 

"We could share a shower?" 

I glanced at the clock and nodded.

"Quickly," I told him.

I barely made it in time to work, but it was kind of worth it. My legs still felt like jello as I approached the locked door of my classroom. Everyone except my students seemed to be the only ones in the hallway.

"About time, Ms. V"

"Hey now, I got held up with test prep" I lied as I fished out my keys.

Once the door was unlocked, I pulled it open and gestured for them to step inside. The late bell rang and I waited until all my students scampered inside before locking the door and stepping inside.

"Good morning" I greeted.

I glanced at the clock as I retrieved the folder containing their exams

"You will have forty minutes to complete this section" I stated as I began to pass out the exam.

As they take their exam, I updated their grades. Forty minutes later, I had them go outside. While they took their 'break', I wrote the prompts on the whiteboard before finally letting them back inside. 

"You have until the bell rings. As you step out to your next class, leave your exam on the table by the door" I ordered.

Hours later, I found myself finally home.