Captivated

" What happened here?" One of the police officers asked. Matt looked at Fiona, and signaled for her to start the story
        " I was walking home to this hotel, and I heard someone following me. I had just gotten to the door when they pressed their gun to my head."
        "We were walking in the same direction, and saw this happening. Matt punched him, and held him down as we called the police." Matt's friend joined in. Fiona wondered if Matt would get in trouble for attacking her stalker. Hopefully not. He had been defending her.
        "This man is being arrested and investigated. We will call you if we need you for anything else." The woman got back in the car, making sure that the man in all black was still there. They drove away.
        "Can we walk with you to your room? We want to make sure you're OK." Matt's friend asked. Fiona began to protest, but stopped. She was still shaking, and her heart was pounding. She nodded, and they followed her into the lobby.
        At the sign in desk, the receptionist looked at her.
        "Are these guests here for the night?" Fiona looked at Matt and his friend.
        "We're just staying for a little." The receptionist nodded. They stepped on the elevator.
        "I'm Matt." Matt said.
        "I'm Will." Will, Matt's friend said.
        "I'm Fiona." They got off at her floor.
        "So do you guys work at the poem building?" They nodded.
        "We are both writers." Will said.
        "I've always wanted to work there. What is it like?"
        "Well there's 20 floors. There's a lot of different jobs with each floor. Do you really want to hear about this?" Matt asked. Fiona nodded. She had spent so much time thinking about that building.
        "Floors 1 through 10 are the interns, the people who do job interviews, and the new people. Floors 11 through 20 are the writers, bosses, people who get performing gigs, publishers, and the people in charge of our social media." Will said.
        "What are your jobs?"
        "We're both poem writers. We've been working there for two years, and had to gain respect and trust to get there."
        "Could you-?" Fiona stopped. It was a silly idea. She cleared her throat. Maybe it wasn't silly.
        "Could you maybe get me a job interview?"
        "We could. We're friends with the person who gives out interviews." Matt said.
        "That would be so amazing. Thank you."
        "Are you sure you're ok?"
        "Yes. Can I have your phone numbers? In case we get information about what happened." Fiona was shocked. She was normally super shy, but something about them made her feel safe.
        They gave her their phone numbers, and left. Matt gave her a smile before leaving. His smile was so pretty.
        She felt sparks fly. She hoped that it wasn't all in her head. She felt like butterflies exploded inside her chest when she was with Matt. She was captivated by him like she was watching a firework show. And it had only been one night.
        The next morning, she got a text from Matt that she could go in for a job interview that day. He gave her directions on where to go. She got really excited.
        She went through her wardrobe and picked out a red suit to wear. She almost felt like jumping up and down. This was a day she had only dreamed about until now.
        She straightened her hair and put on makeup before going downstairs to eat breakfast. One nice thing about living in a hotel was that she had a breakfast buffet every morning.
        Fiona got a blueberry muffin to start with, and ate that as she scrolled through the poems that had been published by the company she was interviewing for. She was intimidated by their talent, but hopeful that she would get a job as an intern.
        She went back to the buffet and got a waffle with peanut butter along with bacon. She got a few strawberries and put them on her plate.
        She had a few minutes before her interview, so she sat down on a couch to eat. She went to her notes app to work on a poem that she had been writing since childhood. She had lots of new ideas.
The end of this chapter kinda made me hungry
Uploaded this sitting on the floor while my phone charged but worth it
Comment what you think!
I replaced Fiona with Taylor so many times because I couldn't stop thinking about Taylor
Also Will is William Bowery
🎶I'll show you every version of yourself tonight🎶- Mirrorball by Taylor Swift
🎶But I'ma keep a smile on my shoulders 'til I'm sweaty🎶- Comfort Crowd by Conan Gray
Including song titles so you can listen to them before the next chapter is out!