Gone

It was Gigi Hadid, a girl she knew in childhood. She had been friends with her until Gigi's parents became concerned about Taylor's home life. They had tried to help her, and her dad had shut them out.
    "Gigi?" She asked, walking in.
    "Fiona? I almost didn't recognize you." Gigi looked at her for a moment. Fiona had let her hair grow out. And she was older.
    "What are you doing here?" Taylor asked.
    "I'm moving out. My job is making me move to New York."
    "I thought your name was Taylor." Selena looked confused.
    "We should sit down." They sat on Selena's white couch.
    "I'm Fiona Adams." Taylor pulled out her phone, and let them scroll through news stories about her.
    "That's horrible," Selena said.
    "Wasn't your hair blonde when you were younger?"
    "It was." Memories came back to Fiona. Her hair had been blonde for a long time, and she dyed it black. She had colored it a lot. She looked at the receipt from the hair salon and saw she had gotten temporary hair dye again. She wondered if her hair would be naturally blonde, or if she had messed it up severely.
    "So you changed your name and moved. Can you go back?" Selena asked.
    "I don't think so. I can't see the reporters again, and Tom-" Taylor broke down into tears. She hadn't cried over Tom before, and she needed to.
    "He had been planning it all along. I fell for him, and paid for it." Taylor pulled her phone back out to see a notification from Tom's Instagram. Without thinking, she clicked on it.
Tom was pictured with his arm around a new girl. He seemed perfectly fine. She had been picking up her heart while he was picking up her. The world seemed to revolve around him. Selena got up, and Gigi followed her.
        Taylor knew she was wasting her time on Tom. He hadn't loved her back. He never would. She wanted to find something real. She had walked through a bunch of rainstorms, and she was damaged because of them. She felt free from the pressure of the world, but no amount of freedom gets you clean.
        The best and worst day of May was the one when she met Tom. Tom had that don't-you-wish-you-had-me grin. And Taylor did. She couldn't change where she had been.
        A part of herself had died when she realized what Tom was doing to her. She honestly believed he was the one. But that daydream was gone. She should have known.     Her mind played tricks on her every day.
It would paint her a blue sky and turn back and turn it to gray. She lived in the chess game, but the rules changed every day. She counted her footsteps and prayed the floor wouldn't fall through again. Her happiness came at a price.
    Selena and Gigi came in after a while with brownies, and they sat on the couch eating them. Taylor felt unmotivated to do anything but cry. How could she ever love someone else?
A/N:
I love sad chapters
5 more chapters until the end!!
Clue
🎶Strawberry ice cream🎶- Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo