Getaway Car

After a while of driving, Tom pulled over. It was clear to both of them they weren't going anywhere.
"Where do you live?" He asked her.
"That doesn't matter tonight." They got back in the car and heard police sirens behind them.
"Go! Go! Go!" Fiona screamed, dying of laughter. She could feel her heart beating in her chest, and put her hand on Tom's chest. The sirens were matching with the beat of his heart.
"What are you doing?" Matt pulled up next to Fiona and Tom.
"Speed up." Fiona kept her window up.
"Stop!" The police officer yelled after them. Fiona realized that Tom was her escape. He was driving the getaway car. Nothing good ever started with a getaway car. She felt like they were Bonnie and Clyde.
"Why are they chasing us anyways?" She asked Tom.
"Driving at 1 in the morning is illegal here." He looked like he was having a good time. With the three of them, it was a sideshow. But a circus wasn't a love story.
Fiona told Tom to turn around. They made a dangerous turn, and Matt followed them.
"Who is that?" Fiona wanted to lie, but there were photos of Matt and Fiona before the gala.
"My boyfriend." Tom sped up.
"This is it." They pulled up at Fiona's apartment building. They had lost the police car a while ago but were sure they had written down the license plate of both cars.
"Call me." Fiona left Tom her number and ran into the building. Matt got out of his car and followed her in.
"Don't follow me!" She called behind her. The elevator wasn't on, so she began to run up the stairs.
"Wait!" He yelled at her. She heard the concern in his voice but didn't care.
She got to her floor, and ran into her apartment, making the mistake of not closing the door. Matt closed it behind them.
"What are we doing? Where is this going?" He asked her.
"Nowhere. I don't like you anymore."
"I don't either, but can't we be friends?" Fiona scoffed.
"That never ends well." Matt was about to reply but sneezed. Fiona saw her new cat sitting on the couch. Matt glared at her and left.
Fiona woke up hours later with her cat sitting on her. She had a horrible hangover. Most of what happened last night was foggy to her.
"What should I name you?" She asked the cat.
"Wow. I'm talking to a cat." She laughed at how drunk she was. She changed into a shirt and shorts. It was a relief to take those shoes off.
"Meredith!" She called to the cat. It came to her.
"Meredith Gray it is." She named the cat after her favorite Gray's Anatomy character. Her phone rang, and she groaned at how loud it sounded.
"Hello?" She heard Tom on the other end of the phone. All the events of last night came rushing back to her. She collapsed on the couch, overwhelmed.
"Are you still there?" Tom asked.
"Yes. I am." She got up to get a glass of water. She had a pounding headache. She passed a mirror and stopped. She had forgotten about the hair. It was a horrible decision.
She looked like a mess. This is what she got for making bad choices.
"Have you seen the news?" He asked her.
"No. Let me call you back." She hung up and saved his number. She looked at the news. It was horrible.
A few articles about the gala were lovely, but most of them were about her. She wasn't aware of the fact that the photos had spread anywhere.
"Fiona Adams: Cheating?" One headline read.
"Fiona Adams: A rebel dressed as a snake."
"Fiona Adams leaves with someone new." Fiona was horrified. She was most likely fired.
        "What am I going to do?" She called Tom again, asking him this.
        "I don't know. There's no covering this up." She knew that this was true.
        She checked her texts as she talked to Tom. Everyone was asking her what had happened. Abigail hadn't texted her at all, which scared Fiona.
        "Be honest. Was bleaching my hair a bad idea?"
        "It was? I don't know your natural hair color, so I can't judge." Tom responded.
        "My hair is naturally black."
        "I could see that. Are you thinking about dying it?"
        "No. It's temporary bleach. I think I'm just going to take a shower and get it out."
        "Ok. Do you want to have lunch?"
        "No. There will be a million more photos of us released."
        "It's already bad enough. It can't hurt."
        "I'm not hungry."
        "Lunch is in 5 hours."
        "Fine. But let's go to the beach." She took a shower, washing her hair several times with the shampoo the hairdresser gave her. That felt like months ago.
        Last night had been really long. She had talked to Tom for an hour, then Joe, then Tom again. She was exhausted.
        She looked at her black hair in the mirror. All of the white was gone, and it was short. Just like it was before she met Matt and Will.
        She curled it. She had to change something. She wasn't about to go back in time. She ate breakfast and wondered what was going to happen when she woke up from this dream.
That's the end of the climax!
Clue
🎶Just grab my hand and don't ever drop it🎶- I Know Places by Taylor Swift