Best Colors

The next 3 months were a nightmare and a dream for Fiona. She was dating Matt, but Will wouldn't talk to her. Alison had moved out of town to figure things out, and Fiona had never had the chance to see how she felt about Matt dating her.
        She still worked at the poem building with Matt and began to write poems that she wanted to perform someday. She had begun to submit some of them to Abigail, and work on them in the main room.
        One evening, she was over at Matt's place cooking them dinner. He was on his phone. He had barely shown any emotion since Jess broke up with him.
        He was reading on his phone with his head low. In the middle of the night, she would wake up and see him breathing with his eyes closed. She always watched him, scared he would go away.
        She waited by the door like she was just a kid. She laid the table with the fancy silverware every time. And watched Matt tolerate it.
        If it's all in my head, tell me now. She silently begged Matt. Tell me I've got it wrong somehow. I know my love should be celebrated. But you tolerate it.
        "Dinner is ready." She said. They sat down and ate in silence. Here's to silence. That cuts me to the core. She remembered this line from Matt's poem. He was always silent.
        She missed the old Matt. He had been so charming and sweet. She should have dated them then. Back when she had a real chance.
        While you were out building other worlds, where was I? Where's that man who threw blankets over my barbed wire? I made you my temple, my mural, my sky. Now I'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life. She needed to write this down. She got her phone out.
        Drawing hearts in the byline. Always taking up too much space or time. You assume I'm fine, but what would you do if I....break free and leave us in ruins. Took this dagger in me and removed it? Gain the weight of you then lose it. Believe me, I could do it. If it's all in my head, tell me now. Tell me I've got it wrong somehow. I know my love should be celebrated. But you tolerate it.
        She was proud of this poem. It represented how she felt. She couldn't break free from Matt. What if he turned back to the guy she knew before? What if she was too late to ever see that guy again?
        "Are you ok?" She asked Matt quietly.
        "Yes." He replied immediately.
        "No. You're not. You've barely spoken these  past few months. You need to get some help."
        "I'm sorry." He said.
        "Don't be. There is no reason to be sorry."
        "Just forget it, ok?" Matt left. Fiona called him, but he didn't pick up.
        "You do realize you just left your own apartment, right?" She texted him. She could see him responding. She wondered what he was going to say.
        He deleted whatever he was saying, and left her on read. She couldn't believe that. She couldn't go to her place knowing that he wasn't safe.
        She was about to drive after him when he pulled up. It had only been a few minutes. He got out of his car, and she greeted him with a battle hero's welcome. He pulled her into a hug.
        "I love you." He whispered into her ear. She pulled back. He was acting strange. He had a huge smile on his face. It was like the Matt from before.
        "What happened?" She asked him.
        "I took a drive and realized that you were right. I do need to get some help. Thank you." She wanted to believe him. His eyes were sparkling.
        "We need to figure out what we're wearing to that gala." He smiled.
        "I have a few ideas." He chuckled as Fiona dragged him into his apartment for a long makeover night.
Wow I love making characters happy but I also love torturing them
Clues
🎶I used to be a damsel in distress🎶
🎶Can you feel this magic in the air?🎶
Both from Today Was a Fairytale by Taylor Swift