Your Laugh

Fiona got outside of the building at 8:20. She was early, but she needed some time to compose herself.
        "Hey." She spun around to see Will walking to the building.
        "Did you get the job?" She smiled and nodded.
        "That's wonderful. When do you start?"
        "Rachel told me to meet here at 9 here. I'm just trying to process it."
        "Where's Matt?" She asked. They were normally together.
        "He's sick. Hopefully it's just one of those 24 hour bugs." Will wished her luck and went up to work.
        She pulled out her phone and called Matt to check on him.
        "Hey. Did you get the job?" Matt asked. His voice was lower in the than normal, and Fiona liked it.
        "Yeah, I'm meeting Rachel at 9. I saw Will, and he told me you were sick. How are you feeling?"
        "I'm ok."
        "Just ok?" Fiona teased. Matt chuckled, and she realized that his laugh was the best sound she had ever heard.
        They continued to talk until Fiona had to go to work. She heard what he was saying, but all she could think was we should be together. She liked the way he talked, and she couldn't keep her focus.
        Every time he smiled, it made her smile. She wasn't afraid to jump them fall with him.  She pushed these thoughts away when she saw Rachel coming towards her.
        "Hey. I'll show you where your office is."
        "My office?" Fiona wasn't expecting to even have a desk.
        "Yeah." They got on a large elevator with glass walls. Fiona watched as they went up, and she could see the city come to life as the sun burned down on it.
        "You are going to be a poetry writer. This is the main room where ideas are thrown around." They walked through a large room with all sorts of chairs and whiteboards and computers.
        " This is the food bar. Food is free, and the menu is different every day." They passed a long buffet of breakfast food, including sweet rolls. Fiona had been to nervous to eat breakfast, so she made a mental note to come back for food.
        "And this is the hall of offices." She passed Matt's empty office, and she saw Will working in the office next to Matt.
        "Here's your office." It was next to Matt's and Will's, and it was close to the main room.
        "I sent an email to you explaining how to set up your computer, and how to do the work here. If you have any questions, email me. Rachel left her in the office.
        Fiona didn't have many things to put up. She didn't have photos, and had never been a girly girl who decorated.
        She set up her computer, and figured out who all the other writers on her floor were. By this time, she was starving, so she went to get breakfast.
        "How's your office?" Will asked, walking with her.
        "Big. I didn't expecting to get a job like this." They went to the breakfast bar, and each got plates full of food.
        "Hi, Will. Where's Matt?" A girl asked.
        "He's sick."
        "So sorry to hear that." She walked away. She was wearing a short skirt with high heels. Fiona immediately felt jealous.
        "That's Jess. Her office is next to Matt's. They're dating, and she's super smart." Fiona cleaned her plate and told Will she was going to work.
        She was so mad that Matt was already dating someone. The one time she felt brave enough to ask someone out, they were already taken.
        She looked at her outfit, and saw why a guy like Matt would never date a girl like her. She wasn't worthy of someone loving her. She felt tears forming as she wrote poems.

I promise some chapter will end without her crying. I'm obsessed with sad endings. Comment your feedback!
Clues for next chapter
🎶I get drunk on jealousy🎶- Blank Space by Taylor Swift
🎶Spare me the details🎶- Details by Maisie Peters