Mistakes

The next day, Fiona went back to work with Abby. She was making progress with multiplying numbers. Fiona was proud of how far she had come so quickly. She just needed a teacher.
As Abby was getting a snack, Marian called her. Fiona was curious about why.
"Hi, Taylor."
"Hi. Is everything ok?" She asked.
"Of course. I just wanted to let you know kids at the elementary school are going on a field trip today. Abby might be sad about that, so maybe you could take a trip?"
"That would be really fun. Would it be ok if I took her to the Lakes District to learn about poets and nature?"
"Yes. Can I talk to Abby for a moment?" Fiona handed the phone to Abby. She eavesdropped all the time but decided to go to another room.
"We're going to the Lakes District?" Abby asked, excited.
"Yes. Your mom is letting us go by the new hyperloop." The hyperloop hadn't opened yet but a few rich people could pay for a ride. It was certainly faster than the 4-hour drive.
"What are we going to learn about there?" Abby asked.
"Learn about nature and poets." Fiona went to pack lunches for both of them.
On the hyperloop, Fiona explained the story of the Lakes District to Abby. She had always been interested in the Lakes District. A group of poets had lived there, writing poetry inspired by the forests around them. They were drawn by the idea of seclusion, and Fiona had always been drawn to that.
Growing up, she had always had a backup plan to go live in a cottage. The voices in her head had always been deafeningly loud, and she wanted someplace quiet.
"Be careful!" Fiona shouted after Abby as she ran up a Windemere peak. She chased her to the top. They both stopped to admire the beauty.
It was September, but freezing in London. The ground was frozen. A red rose had grown up out of ice frozen ground with no one around to tweet it.
Fiona wanted to watch wisteria grow right over her bare feet. She imagined drinking tea inside a cottage on a foggy, rainy day. Walking through the forest barefoot in the wildest winter.
She sat in front of the grave of William Woodsworth, reading a few of his poems to Abby. As she read, she thought about the poets. They had a plan and followed through. They got up and moved to an isolated place to be alone.
A/N: I want to go to the Lakes District now
On the ride back to the hotel, John called Fiona. Fiona wondered how he had time to do this at work.
"We just got wonderful news," John said.
"What is it?" Fiona asked, hoping they were done remodeling the house.
"The workers are done with the house. We can move back in tonight."
"That's great! Do you want me to help Abby pack some of her stuff?"
"That would be lovely. We'll be home around the same time." Fiona helped Abby pack up millions of clothes and toys. For a rich family, they didn't seem snobby or spoiled. They seemed humble.
Fiona went to the restaurant from yesterday. She had almost texted Tom about it. She didn't know the restaurant's name and realized that she could never see Tom again. She looked up and saw that the restaurant was named London Calling.
"I'm Taylor. I wrote this song as a poem, but it works better as a song." Taylor got her guitar out. She learned guitar from Tom.
"Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago
I was in your sights, you got me alone
You found me, you found me, you found me
I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that
And when I fell hard you took a step back
Without me, without me, without me."

"And he's long gone when he's next to me
And I realize the blame is on me

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble." The crowd clapped along to the beat, and someone got out a drum.

"No apologies, he'll never see you cry,
Pretends he doesn't know that he's the reason why
You're drowning, you're drowning, you're drowning
Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street
A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be
And now I see, now I see, now I see

He was long gone when he met me
And I realize the joke is on me, yeah!" Fiona got excited. People seemed to like her song.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

And the saddest fear comes creeping in
That you never loved me or her, or anyone, or anything, yeah." Fiona remembered a day when she had seen Tom talking to another girl. She had never mentioned it, but she was sure now he was using her as well.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble, trouble, trouble
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble, trouble, trouble." The crowd gave her a standing ovation. She blushed. She was walking off of the stage when the guy who always started the night by explaining the songs came on.
"Wow. Where'd you learn to sing like that?"
"I never really took lessons. Thank you." Fiona had never been complimented about her singing voice.
"I loved that song, too. Wow." She blushed even harder.
"Who's next?" She walked off of the stage. The girl who brought out the drum came up to her.
"Good job." The girl said. She had black hair and dark brown eyes.
"Thank you. Why do you have a drum?" They laughed.
"It's for a friend who's performing tonight." Fiona nodded.
"I'm Selena Gomez." Fiona shook hands with Selena.
A/N: I love Taylina
"I'm Taylor Swift. What part of London do you live in?" She noticed Selena's accent assumed she was British.
"Primrose Hill. What part do you live in?"
"I currently live in a hotel. I just moved here from the United States."
"Wow. That's a change."
"Yeah. No offense, but British talk is strange." Selena shook her head and smiled.
"None taken. American talk is strange to me." Selena listened to the song for a few moments.
"This is crazy, but would you want to stay with me until you get an apartment or house? I have a spare room."
"That would be brilliant." Selena laughed at Taylor's attempt at an accent. Taylor realized it would be hard to put her disguise on in the morning, so she politely left. Selena gave her her number and address.
Taylor went to dye her hair again. Instead of platinum, temporary blonde, she went for a more natural blonde. She took her makeup off before going in, and no one seemed to notice. She realized that only the United States would care about her.
This took a lot of pressure off of her. She only had to change her hair and name as a precaution but could live life normally. She was excited to live with Selena for a while and work with Abby. Maybe someday she would live in The Lakes District.
She went to Selena's house and rang the doorbell. There was a little shuffling, and the door opened. Selena smiled at her. Taylor looked behind her, and couldn't believe who was there.
A/N:
This was a fun chapter 😊
I'm not going to leave you in suspense because the next chapter will be out in a few minutes
See you later