All At Once

A/N: Long chapter
Taylor turned on the lights in her new apartment. It was time to be independent again. She turned on the fireplace and made hot chocolate.
She sat on her grey couch, placing the blue pillows around her. She checked her Instagram and saw Abby going to school for the first time ever. She had a huge smile on her face.
She opened her texts to text Abby. Her family had been so worried about her that they got her a phone. She texted Abby a long text about how proud she was and asking how her day went. Abby responded quickly.
"I love school! My teachers were really nice and told me I was smart. I made a few friends and talked to some girls from track. Everything I learned made sense, and it was all because of you." Abby sent this with a heart emoji, and Taylor began to cry. She felt so happy that Abby was happy.
John called her. She picked up immediately.
"Thank you so much for everything you've done for Abby." He said. He sounded like he was crying. He rarely showed emotion.
"She can't stop talking about what she learned in school. She's doing extra credit work right now." Marian said.
"Of course." They agreed to meet up someday. Taylor felt a sense of pride that she had taught Abby. She wasn't even qualified to do that. But now she needed a new job.
She walked the streets of London and was reminded of the day she met Matt and Will. She wondered what would have happened if she didn't go for a walk that night. Would she be in London?
She sat on a park bench, looking up jobs in London. She also needed to find a new dessert place. She was going to live in the United States too, but only sometimes.
She found a coffee shop that was a few blocks from her apartment. Taylor walked all the way there. She felt relieved to go inside somewhere. It was freezing outside.
She also knew she was ready to start dating again. Matt and Tom hadn't been right for her, but she would find someone. She looked at the menu, and decided on a chai latte.
"What can I get for you?" A vaguely familiar voice asked.
"A hot grande chai latte, please." Taylor said, turning to see who was taking her order.
She nearly fell over. It finally dawned on her who it was. It was the familiar ocean blue eyes and British accent that made her realize who it was. He was so gorgeous.
She knew she had missed those ocean blue eyes. Joe smiled at her, and she came to a realization.
"Wait. Are you Joe Alwyn?" She asked Joe. He nodded, looking down. Joe Alwyn was a famous actor. Maybe not too famous, but Taylor knew of him. He straightened his tie.
"Fiona?" He asked her quietly. She nodded and explained how she had to change her name and move to London. He nodded. She looked into his eyes, wondering why he wasn't filming something.
"I serve coffee as a side gig." He seemed to have read her mind. She gazed into his blue eyes, picturing them together.
        "Taylor? Are you ok?" Taylor blushed a crimson red, coming out of her trance.
Joe looked smug. Looks handsome in a tie, and he knows it. She thought.
"Your chai will be ready soon." She thought about how he said her name. It sounded like "Taylah," which made her giggle. She loved the way he walked, the way he talked, the way he said her name. It was beautiful, wonderful, and she hoped he never changed.
"Joey!" A group of guys came in, clearly drunk. Joe blushed. Taylor smiled.
"Hey, guys." He got them water. He was such a gentleman. He walked to her table.
"Your coffee will be right out." She nodded, blushing again. She drank her coffee quickly, and called a taxi.
As she stepped into her taxi, Joe waved at her. She waved back. She felt like a child. She had such a huge crush on him. She immediately tried to stalk him on the internet.
A few days later, she put on a nice dress. She had watched his shifts so she could see him again. Everything would be right. She would make him notice.
She had set up a meal for them together. She wasn't sure if it was a date or not.
It had already been an hour of waiting when she started to wonder if he was coming. Maybe it just slipped his mind. Maybe he was working late tonight. She thought. She could pretend like it was fine.
She could dress it up pretty. She could blame it on cities. But the truth was that he didn't want her.
She waited a long time for a train that wasn't coming. It was hard to catch a train when it rained. Finally, the train came.
She closed her umbrella, getting soaked for a few moments. A stranger held the door for her. She held his gaze. It was back to daydreams again.
Some time later
"Hey, Taylor!" Joe said. He helped her up the stairs to the roof.
"Hi Joey." He blushed.
"How's your job going?" Karlie asked. Taylor had taken a job with a magazine. She got to choose the wardrobe for the outfits, and help with the design.
"It's going really well." They sat on picnic blankets. Taylor was friends with Karlie, Selena, Gigi, and Joe. They all seemed nice, and she really liked Karlie.
"Why did you move to an apartment by yourself?" Karlie asked when Selena and Gigi were further away.
"I'm perfectly fine. I live on my own." I made up my mind, I'm better off being alone. She silently thought.
"Hey, Taylor?" Joe asked.
"Yes?" She went to the edge of the roof with him. She felt like a schoolgirl all over again. He offered her a beer in a plastic cup, which she gladly accepted. Joe fidgeted.
"I really like you." Joe said, looking down at his feet.
"I like you too." He smiled at her.
"Do you want another drink, baby?" He asked cautiously. He tried on calling her baby like trying on clothes.
"I would love that." Joe got her another drink and sat next to her. And all at once, he was the one she had been waiting for. King of her heart, body and soul. She would never let him go.
She felt like her wounds were healing. The candles lit up the roof as they gazed at the stars.
"I got you something." Taylor said a few days later. She handed Joe a watch. He handed her a necklace with a J on it. Taylor knew other people thought they were rushing it, but she felt like they were going slow.
"I love it. But I fancy you, not fancy stuff." Joe said softly. All at once, this was enough.
A/N:
Wow I can't believe this book is over
This was so much fun to write and I hope you all enjoyed it
Pls comment suggestions for my next story title
Check my messages for the description
-whereveryoustray 🧣🧣🧣🧣
.