CHAPTER 56

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

NSFW ALERT. Big time. 

This chapter contains mature, sexual scenes so if you're not comfortable reading it or are triggered by sex, I suggest you skip this chapter. Skipping this chapter won't result in you losing direction of the plot and you will not miss out on any slightly relevant topic. You can very easily continue the story from the next chapter, that I will post on Saturday, by skipping it you will not lose beat of the story. I have tried to make this as less graphic as possible but there's only so much I can do. Read at your own risk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Alexis

Aaron's kiss sends a swarm of fireflies to my very core; they light up the darkness, the emptiness, brighten up a path that I had only ever been to with Aaron, now covered with dust and webs, but they're lit up and bright; so, so bright. My center of gravity shifts, pivoting around Aaron, his warmth, the feel of his hard cheekbones against my palm and his feather soft lips against mine.

"I love you," I swipe my tongue over his lower lip, "I love you," I grab his face tighter, a reflex to his arms around my waist, "I love you," I part my lips and his tongue fills up the cracking void inside me I had felt since he was gone, "I am so in love with you."

"What?" his eyes are a deep shade of trepidation and doubt, and I swallow the hurt, "Really?"

"Yes," I say, bawling at this point, "God yes, I am so, so, so in love with you and I thought you didn't love me, I thought you hated me-"

He shuts me up with a sweet kiss that I can feel up to my toes; a firefly kiss.

But then it changed. He captures my mouth in a hard and an agonisingly slow kiss that had sparks flying everywhere inside me. His fingers run down the length of me and land on my waist, the fabric of my dress crunched up in his fists. His kiss became impatient and he let out a low growl that had me rubbing my legs together.

He picked up on it. He is the first one to break the kiss and there's a hunger in his eyes I have never seen before as he leans down, peppering small kisses along my neck that has me rolling my eyes back.

"God I love you so much," He says, nibbling on the flesh of my neck, alternating between sucking, biting and licking.

My head lolls back giving him more space as I ride a leg around his waist, his hands coming up instantaneously to hold it in place as he continues mauling my neck.

I am scared to open my eyes and realising that maybe all of it was just a fever dream. My breath comes out in hot spurts rapidly and I thread my fingers through his hair. The strands slip through my hands like molten silk.

His tangy orange smell gives me a burst of courage as I move my hands down and tease the waistline of his pant. His breath hitches on my throat and I wonder if he can feel my heart racing out of my chest; as if to answer my question, he presses a wet kiss on the hollow of my throat and my knees give out.

"Lexie, my Lexie," He says, his lips finding mine again as he pulls me up against him and I involuntarily wrap my legs around him, my dress bundling between us.

"Let's get this blue taffeta out of the way shall we?" He says breathily.

"It's not taffeta although I am surprised you know it."

"Glad to know I exceed your standard," He winks at me and walks over, dropping me on the bed.

I yank him on top of me with the collar of his shirt, and a giggle escapes me that is quickly swallowed by Aaron's smiling mouth. I snake my arms around him as he sinks on top of me, his weight managed by his knees on both sides of me.