CHAPTER 35

Alexis

"It isn't how I imagined it to be," Ellie admits.

"Yeah, no shit."

We are hit by an unstoppable wave of neon lights and a heady scent of lemon and spice. Old spice? I think that's the old spice.

I sniff in a bit, "Is that old spice?"

"Definitely. This place reeks of old spice."

I snort, "How original."

A glittering dance floor, of red greets us. A bar is set up at our right and the show definitely isn't going low on the alcohol content, if the rows and rows of vodka bottles are any indication. I mean, I think that's vodka, I have zero knowledge about alcohol. There are already guys toppling over the barstools. To our left, a huge ramp is set up with round tables all around it and-

"Is that a pole on the runway?" I do not believe I just watched that.

"Definitely, yeah."

I set out a low whistle. If the boys are going to go all pole dancing Cardi B on me, I might just have to stay longer than I intended to.

"This place is so hyped up, And I can see whyy," I link my arms through Ellie's and head towards the tables.

The walls are covered with crystals and glass shards in a mosaic pattern, brightening up the lights. People are passing us with colourful drinks in their hands, and I spot a few I know.

"Oh look at that!" Ellie exclaims pointing at a stand, decorated with dozens of red roses, "That's the donation area, I think."

It sure is. On a white satin table, there's a huge box with 'Your help matters' printed on it. A lady behind the table is dealing with the money and cheques, flashing them grateful smiles. Above her, on the wall, there's a huge sign of 'AIDS: A CRUTCH'. 

 Below it, it reads, 'Help the people escape their horror. Your tinitest help can go a long way.'

"How does the donation work?" I whisper to Ellie.

"You either donate your money here directly, or go sit for the boys' show and pay it there. Or you can do both."

"So we don't have to give it now, right?"

"No, how much did you bring?"

I flash her a grin, "A lot. Since my Dad has enough to last for fifty years after he dies, I thought he could do with some helping-others thing. I raided his account."

Ellie sighs, "You're the rich person I stan."

After signing up as participants in the fashion show, we head towards the round tables and I spot Andrew and-

Wait a fucking second

I dig my nails in Ellie's arm so hard she winces, "Ow bitch what?"

"What is she doing here?" I hiss in Ellie's face. If I had retractable claws, they'd be at Jade's throat by now, but sadly I don't. What I do have, are very sharp, blood-red painted nails.

"She comes here every year," Ellie soothes her arm, and I flash her an apologetic smile before glaring at that bitch again.

I see her moving her mouth- probably some garbage- and Andrew rolls his eyes. I don't think she sees it though, she's still babbling about something to Liam, who looks uncomfortable to say the least. She's wearing a black tube top with shiny black shorts.

Nice outfit sweetie, but I can do better.

From the corner of my eye, I can spot some guys looking at me, mostly at Ellie, sice she's looking someone straight out of their wildest dreams. But I can sense the glances meant for me. If my fuck-me-silly updo and makeup can have this effect, they should really wait around to see what I have inside the coat.