4. HOTSHOT BOY TOY AND SURFER BOY

ALEXIS

Professor Black hands out a piece of paper and I scan the paper thoroughly, and I am defeated to see none of them seems inviting enough; until I find two names that catch my eye. Liam Farrow and Aaron Richards. None of them is a surprise since I know that they happen to be brilliant. Everyone else on that list is a complete stranger to me and I am not about to humiliate myself in front of them, with my utter lack of biology knowledge.

"See anyone you like?" Professor asks.

"Yes, Liam and Ri-Aaron." Only one of them is the 'anyone I like' and the 'anyone I am going to ask'.

"Ah, I see," her face lights up and she offers me a sympathetic smile. My eyes go towards the wall clock hanging behind her head, to note the exact moment Professor Black smiled at me because it's rarer than seeing a shooting star.

"Good luck to you, and please, don't disappoint me Alexis. Take my suggestion and get a tutor."

I mutter a thank you and walk so fast out of the door, someone would think the whole room was on fire. I am greeted by a blast of Axe body spray scented air and I nearly succumb under the cloud of Axe deoderant. This will be a painful death.

"Would you, please, for the love of God, stop wearing that hideous killer Deoderant?" I ask, between spurts of coughing, to Liam.

He offers a dazzling smile, "Never."

"So what did she say?"

I sigh, "I need a favor from you. I need you to tutor me for midterms."

"Aww Lex," he offers a tight-lipped smile and I already know what he's going to say, "I wish I could, I really do. But with the summer recital coming up, I barely have time to breathe. Not to mention, Andrew feels neglected because of my tight schedule."

"I understand." And I do, I knew the second I asked him that it was going to be a 'no'.

 It has nothing to do with him not helping a friend, but everything to do with him having a schedule tighter than the President of The United States. The guy works day and night and I have never seen him relaxing or just taking a breath for that matter. Sometimes I worry, he works a lot more than he should.

"So how's the song coming up?"

"Oh you know, it's coming." But he doesn't look like the guy who should be ecstatic that he might have a shot at making it big in the Broadway. He looks glum.

"Everything okay?"

"Not really." He sighs.

"Andrew thinks I am purposefully ignoring him and I can't even convince him otherwise, because I am! And it's all for him!"

He runs a hand through his hair and I am momentarily dazzled by how good he looks. He doesn't play any sports – my boy is a theatre and a singer geek- but he is built. He has the perfect shade of brown for his eyes and his hair is sandy blonde, same as mine. But his gives off the surfer boy vibes because of its length.

"I think I should just tell him about the song." He sighs and I jump in front of him before he can blink.

"DON'T DO THAT!" I yell so loud some of the girls give me a stink eye. I roll my eyes at the Regina Georges and continue, "Do not tell him anything, it's the best surprise ever." I whine.

"You're scary when you're energetic, Jesus!." Liam puts a hand over his chest and takes deep breaths.

"And people say I am the dramatic one."

"I am dramatic. You are a drama llama."

Liam prepared a song for his boyfriend, Andrew which is going to be his solo performance with a cello in the summer recitals and I just know it is going to melt Andrew's soul. If it doesn't, it will be officially declared that Andrew Miller has a stone for his heart. When Liam sang the song in front of me, I gushed and guffawed over it for an hour before I could calm down.

"And anyway, even if he does break up with you because he thinks you're neglecting him, I am sure the song will win him right back," I smirk.

Liam flicks my forehead and I squeak at the pain, "Shut it, Forte."

I grin at him.

"Enough of this, what are you going to do about the tutor? Who else did she suggest?"

"Ugh, you just had to bring it up again, didn't you?" I groan, "Everyone else she suggested is practically strangers and I am not going to be tutored by someone I don't know so they have a free pass to tell everyone about how dumb I am."

"So there's no one else?" Liam raises his eyebrows.

"There's Aaron Richards," I mutter under my breath, hoping he would somehow magically hear it, so I don't have to utter the devil's name again. He does.

"The hockey player? The hotshot boy toy?"

"The one and only." I sigh.

There is no way in hell am I asking Aaron to tutor me; if I did, I would never hear the end of it, and god forbid my father comes to hear of it, I would be the biggest disappointment in his eyes, not because of the marks, but because I asked Aaron Richards to tutor me. And don't even get me started on how obnoxious and boisterous and annoying he is. He knows how to push every single one of my buttons and drives me insane with just a word.

I say the same to Liam, to which he replies, "So you would rather fail your midterms than be tutored by a guy you hate, because he is a player?"

"You make me sound stupid when you say it like that."

"Because you are. You're telling me you would rather get crappy marks than endure his annoying self for a few hours a week? Nobody is asking you to do it for the rest of your life. At least do it till midterms."

I bite my lip and ponder over what he said. On one hand he is not wrong, I need Aaron to tutor me, and no matter how much he teases me about being dumb inside four walls, he will never let the word spread to anyone else.

"But he's Aaron Richards!" I say exasperated.

"And you're Alexis Forte and you really need Aaron Richards to pass the midterms. Open your hate glasses for a moment and look at what we are talking about here. This isn't about Aaron being a player or a douche as you would like to say, it's about you improving your biology marks which you desperately need to." He speaks in a collected tone as if he were talking to a five-year-old, which I guess talking to me is like. This is one of those rare moments when I hate how accurate he is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiii did you enjoy it?