CHAPTER 14

Alexis

To answer Plain White T's question, even though I am not Delilah, everything is not going well in New York City. In fact, everything is going shitty in magnanimous levels.

After the huge mess I caused at Pentacles on Friday night, Aaron had to be taken to the hospital. The doctor said he was lucky that the spray didn't get in his eyes or nose and so it wasn't anything serious. The doctor asked me to refrain from using pepper spray so casually, but Aaron said he would glue my hands together if I ever used the pepper spray in his vicinity again. Guess I deserved that.

According to google maps, it takes around four and a half hours to reach New York from Boston. But it took us an hour more because I couldn't stop bawling and singing off-key my version of Leona Lewis's bleeding love playing on the radio, and Aaron had to get out of the car and threaten me with leaving me on the side of the road to get me to stop. His exact words?

'Love, I am okay with whatever song you decide to sing and I will join you in that, but please for the sanity of my already pepper-sprayed ears, no emotionally heavy love songs.'

I pointed out that his ears were unharmed and he just closed his eyes and stood there for a moment, breathing deeply. I understand the nerves are eating at him and it is not easy driving for hours with me, but geez, dramatic much?

Sunday noon. Manhattan. The Richards household.

Aaron's house is on the sixth floor of a lavish and pricey apartment called The Green Elephant and resembles something out of TLC. Every furniture in his house is either in a deep shade of cherry or mahogany and is pristine. I was rather disappointed that I couldn't see my reflection on the floor, but on second thoughts, it looked slippery enough to slide so...

We were greeted at the door, by the bride-to-be, Danielle, who popped her eyes out so hard I thought I would see two eyeballs rolling on the floor. Very gory, sorry for the image. Dany is gorgeous and she had tears in her eyes from laughing hard after she realized that Aaron actually completed the bet; she had a half-eaten cupcake in her hand and that was the exact moment, I knew I would ask her to go Bunjee jumping with me.

When I voiced out my thoughts to Aaron he just chuckled and told me to find the missing parts of my brain. Very rude of my fake boyfriend, if you ask me.

Mama Aaron actually knew my Mom! I make a mental note to ask Dad about her even though all I will get are a bunch of grunts and nothing importants. I thought she would be rude and the Richards version of the old lady from the 101 Dalmatians, but instead she's soft and warm and smells of cookies and when she called me dear, I almost melted in her arms.

Papa Aaron is a whole different story though; he gave me a bitch-eye worse than Blair Waldorf's the second I clung to Aaron's side and he told him I was his girlfriend. After he knew who I was? All of Megan Fox's stink eyes combined couldn't portray what Papa Aaron did with once glance over. He could start a twitter hashtag of Kingofstinkeyes with one look. He has one emotion one his face perpetually- a frown etched with disgust. He should get that checked out, it's not normal to have one single emotion.

Also, he called mine and Aaron's relationship a clownery, which Aaron did not take well and Mama Aaron had to intervene. Now we are at the dining table playing at Happy Family and I got to meet Rose and Jared- Aaron's cousins- who are the real-life versions of Zack and Cody and almost lost it when they saw me and their mother Cheryl, who called me honey and I was done for.

"The stew is amazing, Mrs. Richards," I can play at being the perfect girlfriend too.

Mama Aaron huffs and waves her hand, "Please, call me Nina, you're practically family now."