CHAPTER 58

Alexis

"How dare you?!" The door is already wide open, ruining my moment of a banging door.

"Well, look who finally decided to grace us," Dad appears smug.

"It's just you Dad, no us," I hate these interruptions in my dramatic moment. Especially since I came prepared.

"Sit down, darling how is college? Been studying lately?"

"Oh yes, they're going great." I give him a smirk the size of a fucking tonka truck, "Especially since Aaron has been teaching me, you know the one, you know him very well."

The house I grew up in isn't like Aaron's, it isn't straight out of a TLC houses of the year magazine or show. My house is homely, it smells of Dad's casserole and the peonies my mom loved which Dad never got over; my prom pictures are hanging on the wall behind the chair Dad has hung his tie in. The grey couch is soft and worn and I run a hand over the armrest as I plop down. Everything in this house screams my mom's name and I look at my father's face, slowly losing its smugness, and the mom sized hole inside me caves in.

"Aaron as in Aaron Richards?"

"Dad," I scoff, "Who else? He's my boyfriend, you know that."

He clicks off his phone and looks at me steadily, the tinge of his neck turning red, "I told you to stay away from him."

I make a show nonchalantly checking my nails, "Mmhmm, not really your decision to make now is it?"

There is nothing but a cold satisfaction inside me and I want to walk out of this door with my father looking helpless after all the shit he put me through. The betrayal stung. Having your worst fears about your father choosing his reputation over his daughter come true in front of your eyes isn't a pleasant scene obviously and for two days I was boiling over and googling ways to murder someone in their sleep. Figuratively. I love my father, I wont lie and say that I don't, I do; so the blow was harsher than it should have been. It hurt. It hurt bad.

"I am your father."

"And a liar."

"What?" he hisses, his ears have turned completely red and I know he wants to strangle me to death right now, what with all the rage he's holding back.

"Oh nothing, just a slip of tongue I guess."

"I didn't raise you to be a brat."

"You didn't," I snap, "Mom did, you were neck deep in work all the time."

"Your mom would be ashamed to see you going behind my back to date that lowly scum!"

"Don't you dare bring mom into this or talk about Aaron like that!" I knock my phone off the table while standing up and its thud on the carpet is the only sound between us, "Mom would have never lied to me because her ego in business is more important to her."

"It's all your fault, I wonder how much your darling Aaron will love you after he gets to know you're the reason he's being kicked out."

"Oh he already knows about your stupid lies."

"Do not talk to me in that tone-"

"Fuck you!"

"Alexis!"

"You lied to me!" I scream, the icy rage that frozen my veins when I walked in through the door, has now thawed out to a molten fire inside me, "You lied to me because you couldn't have shown your face to your colleagues after you tell them that your daughter is dating the son of your oh so big enemy, the one you constantly trash talk about."

"I didn't lie-"

"Bullshit! Maybe lying isn't the best word but you definitely omitted some very trivial information."

Dad scoffs, "And who told you that? Your sweetest boyfriend?"

"No," I smirk, "his friends did and Dean confirmed."

Dad's eyes narrow at my words, beads of perspiration covering his wrinkly forehead, "What?"

"Now Dad, how good of a headline do you think it'll be when the media knows that Meyer can't keep their students in check or that Harvard boys have a hand in vandalising our college's property because our security is shit? Maybe Ellie could work her magic on it don't you think?"

"Who's Ellie?"

I roll my eyes, even though a stab of disappointment hits my chest; he was never really interested in my life.

"All you need to know is that she's an amazing journalist, interning at BBC."

I don't like doing this, I hate talking like this to my dad, but he willingly chose boasting to his fat, stupid, white male colleague about how his daughter broke the heart of Richard's son. He chose that over what I felt, over me, over my heart. I cannot forgive him for that. I have to fix this, I have to put a bandage over mine and Aaron's crushed hearts. All because of him and his stupid ego.

Dad's face loses his colour, but you'll never figure it out from his words, "You can never prove it, can you Lex?"

"Thank god for drunk videos Dad," I pick up my phone from the carpet and wave it in front of him. Thank god for Hunter and his weird obsession to film everything, even drunk and then having the ability to fish the video out.

"You're not going to do anything," hesitation creeping into his tone.

"And since you had such an amazing hand in saving Aaron from going to jail," I say, sarcasm dripping from my voice, "You wouldn't want any harm to come to the college's name, now would you? Especially since it'll be so apparent you helped a great deal."

Last night, Aaron had to hold me still for two hours after I came out shivering from the Dean's office. To say he was mad would be an understatement, considering he was spitting flames; but he did what I needed him to do, call Dad out on his bullshit if he ever comes to Dean. He wasn't particularly pleased to hear that I'd slander my own college and risk being expelled and since my scholarship is provided by the government and not the school, he can't exactly hang that over my head either. I knelt on the floor and thanked God for not letting him call me out on my bluff since there's no way I'd have enough courage to actually pull through with the threats. But neither my Dad nor my Dean know me enough to tell that I am all bark and no bite and thank the fucking Lord for that.

Aaron almost spit out his lungs coughing up incredulously at my idea, and even I will admit that it was a bit harsh, than what I normally suggest. Usually my stupidity meter isn't ringing alarms at my ideas but I did what I had to do.

"Why are you doing this?" Dad says, defeated.

"Stay out of my dating life and Aaron's. Dad, I love you but you don't get to tell me who I should date or not, old business grudges are not a part of decision- making process."

Dad sighs but says nothing, as relief washes over me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book's ending *sniff sniff*

We are very close to the end, so please, please comment below your favorite part of the book! which was you favorite moment, which line touched you, what had you bawling your eyes out or had you giddy or had you dying with laughter? Let me know, let's talk! I'd love to know!!!

All I see is at 92.6k and none of this would've been possible without all the love you gave and are still giving to this book, love you guys so much im crying <3