CHAPTER 46

Aaron

"Look whatever it is, we can figure it out okay?" Logan envelopes me as the front door slams shut on us.

I still haven't processed everything he said. Dad is wrong, that can't be true. I know Lexie, I know my Lexie. She would never say anything like that, she wouldn't ever agree to it. She would go head on with anyone who talked like that. Dad was lying, I know he was.

"Aaron, dude, you hear me? There was probably some misunderstanding, we can fix it alright?" He squeezes me harder until I don't have any breath inside me left and I am nothing but a shell of broken heart and crushed tears.

"Aaron? Talk to me buddy, are you okay?"

I shut my eyes and hug him back. Harder. God I just want today to never exist. I just want this nightmare to end. "I don't know what to believe," I choke out. Barely.

It's like someone sucker punched me smack on the stomach. My limbs don't feel like mine anymore, I can hear my heart slowing down every passing second. I just want to know what actually happened. I am not going to believe the bullshit Dad spewed. There's no way he is correct, right? I just need to hear from Lexie and it'll be all be okay. It'll be fine and we'll be good to go. Soon this nightmare will end and I can go back to the life I want.

"I think I am going to call her," I tell Logan.

He pulls me away and nods, "You do that, I'll be in my room."

"No," I stop him before he leaves, "Stay, I can't do this alone."

He gives me a small smile and settles down on the couch with me. I fish out my phone and scroll through my contacts until I land on hers. Suddenly, the air around me is too hot and I need to be out, out, out. I unbutton the first two buttons of my shirt and take a deep breath. Why is it so hot in here? This is not going to be true; she's going to explain everything that happened. This will not be true.

The phone rings seven times before she picks up, "Aaron."

"Lexie, wha-what is he saying? He's wrong right? Tell me he's wrong."

"What happened? Who said what?" Her voice sounds strange, distant.

"Dad came by, he said...he said stuff. Something, something about your father calling me a disgrace and, and you agreeing with him, tell me this is not true," My voice cracks on the last word and I am frantic. I need her to tell me she believes in me, in us. I need to hear it from her Goddamnit!

The silence on the other side of the line is loud enough to burst me apart, "Lexie? Alexis?"

"I don't know how to tell you this," She says, her voice colder than usual, but it's soft. It's so soft, like every word she says is chipping at her soul, "But I don't think we should see each other anymore. Everything he said is correct."

When I was fourteen and went through an astronomy phase, I came across supernovas. They are these powerful stellar explosions across the galaxies. They can last for seconds or for decades; time moves differently in outer space, but mostly they last for years on end. My heart feels like a supernova. I am nothing but a broken heart.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Whatever we had was fun and it was a one time thing and that is where we should end it," She chuckles dryly, "You didn't think I'd fall in love with you or something did you?"

Her voice takes on that soft note again and I know she doesn't mean it, "Bullshit. You're lying. What happened Lexie? What did he say?"

"He said the truth, we're never going to be compatible and honestly, I am bored."

"Tell me the truth."

"This is the truth."

"No it isn't!" I spit out, "What did he say Alexis? Did he manipulate you, did he speak some bullshit I know you're too smart to believe."

"Aaron what we had was fine, but it was only for a moment, there is no future, there is no us."

"I don't believe that for a second and neither do you," I say, my anger getting the best of me, "What's the real issue here? You were giggling and glowing around me like, three hours ago."

There is a pause, which stretches for a moment, a minute, a supernova and then, "The truth is I don't want to see you again."

And just like that, I am nothing but a broken heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't kill me but i am about to leave you guys hanging on this for a while now lmao because I have exams but the next chapters will be very, very good. I promise.

Also it's my birthday today, so please don't forget to vote, and comment as a birthday gift to me teehee.