CHAPTER 34

Alexis

"It's too tight," Ellie tugs at the hem of her dress, whining about it. Again.

"No it's not, you look great."

"You should've driven," Ellie glances at me annoyingly, "I don't feel comfortable with a tight dress on."

"Yeah I should've," I say, "And then I would've rammed the car against a tree and gone straight for our deaths."

"I mean, you're not that bad."

"Very convincing, you." I say, dryly.

"It's just..." Ellie chews on her lips and I hit her arm playfully.

"Stop doing that. You'll ruin the lip gloss."

She rolls her eyes, "That is why I put on lip gloss and not lipstick."

"So you can chew your lips? You sure have your priorities in check," I mutter.

Ellie gives me a hearty laugh, momentarily forgetting about her dress. Momentarily.

"It's too tight for me."

"It fits you perfectly."

"Of course it does, it's my size."

"Then how is it too tight?"

"Lex! You know what I mean!" Ellie says, exasperated.

I smack her back of the head, "I think you mean you're too hot to handle in this dress."

Ellie and I went shopping yesterday for the Boy Toy draft. So choir girl dresses, and modest pleated skirts which Ellie usually wears were out of the question. If you're going to watch athletic boys strut around naked, you might as well go oompa loompa out of your comfort zone in clothes as well.

I picked out her dress and she picked out mine. Her dress is a black off-shoulder, bodycon which is doing to her body which will make Logan probably do stuff to her, in bed. It has a white lace shroud attached to the neckline, which reaches down to her waist, covering her arms in white lace. She looks like a Goddess in it but of course she can't see it.

"You're just uncomfortable in it because you know how good you look in it," I check my reflection in the rear view mirror and satisfied with what I see, I continue, "This dress is not one of those pleated curtains you wear and you look like you could turn me into a lesbian."

"We'll get back to it, but first things first, can I turn you though?" Ellie chuckles.

"Figurative El! I don't think it's possible but no, I like to kiss green eyed men."

"Just one green eyed man, to be specific."

I give her a shaky smile and she laughs, revving up the engine. I latch onto the panic bar in fear, speed has never been my thrill, I just like to dress up like danger, not be in one.

"It's too much of a skinny girl dress," Ellie pouts.

"Every dress is a skinny girl dress if you don't stress on the labels enough," I grit through my teeth as Ellie curves down a lane, barely missing a streetlight.

"I see Logan's rubbing off on you."

"Huh?" Ellie looks at me questioningly.

"Drive slow. You'll kill us."

"Oh," She laughs sheepishly, "Sorry, I've been getting more confident on the streets, practising with him."

"Hopefully not confident enough to crash the car."