CHAPTER 17

Aaron

Morning practice at six-thirty in the morning sucks ass; I am running on caffeine and an omelet and I might just pass out from hunger this very second, but I am thankful to every higher power that I don't because Coach Benson looks murderous.

We have been practicing two-on-ones for two hours now, meant for the defensemen to try to stop a forward on a breakaway. During the entire drill, I manage to stay ahead of Carter and Josh, and not only that, I score the net every time during the practice, except for two times. And now.

I am sweating like a pig and I can feel it dripping down my back in a steady line, as I go hard on my slapshot, hitting the puck at an alarming speed, only for the goaltender- Drew- to pluck it aside like a twig.

He removes his helmet off his face and grins, "Ouch."

"That was a wicked move," I whistle in admiration, "You might single-handedly win us our next game."

Drew's eyes gleam in determination, "You bet."

I skate toward the bench with Logan at my heels, towards Coach; who blows his whistle to signal that practice is over and I almost groan out loud. My stomach is rumbling with hunger and I just want something to eat. I made a poor, pirated version of an Omelet this morning and if it wasn't for the fact that I needed to be at practice with at least a half-full stomach, it would've ended up in the dustbin.

But first I need to get this blanket of sweat off of me. Our shower stalls are pretty decent. There are separate cubicles for everyone, so we don't see each other's junks, just as it should be. Although they are light enough to see our silhouettes, and if you're a huge fucking giant, you can also peep from above your cubicle.

Will is in the one beside mine and I can see him aggressively shampooing his head. Might as well pull out some hair.

"Hey," I start, "I am sorry about Monday, Lexie shouldn't have come in."

"Nah, it's fine." He pauses for a beat. "She's wild, if I had to make a guess on who's the wildest one, the boys won't even make it to the list, she would beat them all."

I burst out laughing, "Geez, I can't believe how awkward it must have felt though."

"Keke was fine with it, but God, I wanted the Earth to swallow me whole and I wanted to wrap up Lexie and drop her off in the basement for eternity."

"That's a terrible coping mechanism."

"She deserved it."

"Do you really think, she'll stay like that and will not shake the whole house with her screaming or go razor blades with her teeth on the wrapping?"

"Not if we seal it tight."

"Uh," Logan pipes up from behind the shower curtain, "Not to be a snitch, but I am letting Alex know you plan on going FedEx on her."

"Welp," I answer back, "There go our balls."

"Get out of the shower!" Sam yells at all of us.

"What are you even doing there? Scrubbing yourself plump and pink?" Nate pipes in.

"Scrubbing, " I turn off the shower faucet, "Is actually a really good thing. Nor is it gendered."

"Scrubbing is definitely not gendered, my child-"

"Please don't say that." Will groans.

"But scrubbing in a public locker room is definitely disgusting."