Groggy

Saturday

I spend the entire day avoiding Luca. I don't know how I feel about that kiss, but I know that I feel something. And that alone is enough to make me put some distance between us. He is the enemy. He always will be.

I think.

Considering it's my day off, I am able to mope around in my room without anyone telling me to stop. I think I've watched enough Twilight to write my own documentary on vampires.

I planned a girls night with my best friend, Clementine. Her dad made a few paintings for one of our charity galas, because even the mafia cares about kids with cancer, and ever since then we've been inseparable.

I needed to get away from all my thoughts tonight. Plus, she called me yesterday, and said she wanted to talk to me about her relationship problems with her boyfriend, Harlan. They seem to always be on and off, but somehow they always find their way back to to each other

It's now 7:12, even though I asked Clem to be here at 7:00. Typical.

While I'm microwaving popcorn for our movie night, I finally hear the doorbell ring. I hear the beep of the microwave and grab the popcorn and quickly stick it in the movie room. I start heading for the door when the doorbell rings again.

"Coming!" I shout.

I swing the door open, excited to see my best friend, only to be met with a flustered petite brunette, finger hovering over the doorbell, clearly ready to press it again.

My eyes narrow at her. "Can I help you?" I question, crossing my arms.

Her face contorts unpleasantly as she turns her attention to me. "Who are you?" She interrogates.

I scoff. "I could ask you the same question." I retort, looking down at her, I smirk. Being tall has its perks sometimes.

"Whatever." She scowls. "I'm here for Luca."

My smirk instantly drops as those words come out of her mouth. Why? Why did my stomach drop? Why did my heart tighten?

"Give me one second." I tell her, slamming the door quickly and leaving her irritating self behind it.

I stalk over to Luca's room, placed in the right wing, a good 4 minute walk from my own. As you can imagine this made avoiding him fairly easy.

"Someone's at the door for you." I state, crossing my arms and raising a brow, once I get to his doorframe, his door already open.To my surprise, his brows furrow, portraying a look of confusion upon his features.

"Small figure, brunette, fake boobs..." I continue, trying to jog his memory.

His jaw clenched and he rolls his eyes. "Chleo. Obnoxiously high voice?" He ask me.

I smirk, stifling a chuckle, because he's right, she really does have an excruciatingly high-pitched voice. "That too."

An irritated look crosses his features as he slips past me, presumably to the door where the she-devil herself stands.

I follow discreetly behind him, wanting to see the look on her face when he rejects her.

I'm able to hide behind a closet next to the entryway, in good earshot, and a perfect position where I can stay hidden, while still looking at their interaction.

"Who was that bitch that opened the door?" I hear the woman, who I now know as Chloe, question Luca.

"The bitch," Luca says, annoyance lacing his tone. "Is named Ivy. And I don't recall that being your business. Now I suggest you explain why the hell you've showed up to my house uninvited." He demands.